Page 100 of 100 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1000
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: The supercross thread
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    Quote Originally Posted by odypilots View Post
    Love the Mi-mi-mi-my-Shimoda!
    Bull and I have been passing that one back for the past couple of years via text messages. "Here, let me stick this into your haid."

Over the years it's been fun to watch certain riders come in under the radar, without all the hype like AC or Forkner, put their head down and just prove to everyone their validity and talent. Shimoda has definitely earned his place among the ranks and I admire that.
    Sand is for fast cars
    Dirt is for fast drivers

Yellow Dog Racing

2. Collapse Details
    Do any of you guys remember any of the top 450 guys that used to consistently have to race the LCQ to get in the main?

I got to thinking about how those guys are fighting a losing battle. I can't remember anyone who competes for the lead ever struggling through the LCQ early in their career. Seems like if you don't have the goods to at least compete in the upper half of the class for the jump, you probably wont get it.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_J View Post
    Do any of you guys remember any of the top 450 guys that used to consistently have to race the LCQ to get in the main?

I got to thinking about how those guys are fighting a losing battle. I can't remember anyone who competes for the lead ever struggling through the LCQ early in their career. Seems like if you don't have the goods to at least compete in the upper half of the class for the jump, you probably wont get it.
    I don't. It may be they enjoy the atmosphere, guys like Adam Enticknap. I wonder what his motivation is. I imagine it's as a influencer on social media.
    I race, therefore I am

4. Collapse Details
    Millenium Member
    Blog Entries
    Kfab what the hell did you do?

I watched the last two races back to back, I was so disappointed to see Ken choke in the second to last main. Like someone mentioned, I think there is a medical issue or he’s just gassing, he always seems to be fast in the beginning, but makes mistakes towards the end.

Unfortunately I think we’re going to be listening to Webb giving it up to the Lord a lot. LOL

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by LIDUNO View Post

I watched the last two races back to back, I was so disappointed to see Ken choke in the second to last main. Like someone mentioned, I think there is a medical issue or he’s just gassing, he always seems to be fast in the beginning, but makes mistakes towards the end.

Unfortunately I think we’re going to be listening to Webb giving it up to the Lord a lot. LOL
    Please Lord, I hope not.

I give it to the kid, he is good enough on his bad days that he never really takes himself out of the picture. And seems to get better as the race goes on. Not sure if he is sandbagging, or just learning the track, but its hard to count him out.

For as much as I liked the 250s, I wish everyone would have stayed healthy. Forkner, Hampshire, Martin, there were a lot of would-be contenders that went down early.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by LIDUNO View Post
    Sixth gear (45ish?), running thru the wash, came around a left hander and there was a rock... Size of a double sink, 5-6” tall.

I got the front end up and over it (“OH SHIT! GAS IT!”) and then the rear wheel hit.

Rear fender proceeded to hit me in the ass with great force.

My upper thigh/hips hit the bars and I discovered that you pivot sharply around the bars at hip level during this maneuver. There was a (many?) hard thump, lots of crunchy noises, flashes of light, and then things are a bit fuzzy. I think I ko’d myself but I can’t say for sure.

Appears (buy the fabulous bruising) that I landed on my left hip, left shoulder and then smacked my brand new 6D helmet hard enough to break it on the left lower rear, above the shoulder.

Was riding solo (SOSR - Stupid Old Solo Rider, pronounced “saucer”). Fortunately I had a couple in a UTV stop and ask if I was okay. I’m not sure what my response was. They came back by 5 to 30 minutes (?) later, helped me get back on the bike and followed me back to my van - about 4 miles.

Thank goodness for adrenaline, the ride was brutal but doable.
    They helped me load up and I’ve been driving the couch for the past 8 days.

New record - 7 broken in one fell swoop. Beats the previous 5 in one shot but didn’t put me in the hospital so...

Pisses me off that I’ve ruined the last 6 weeks of riding season.
    Sand is for fast cars
    Dirt is for fast drivers

Yellow Dog Racing

7. Collapse Details
    Holy Toledo K-fab, rest up and I hope you feel better!
    Dune 500
    YXZ1000R
    Desert kart "Panther" build

8. Collapse Details
    Millenium Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by K-fab View Post
    Sixth gear (45ish?), running thru the wash, came around a left hander and there was a rock... Size of a double sink, 5-6” tall.

I got the front end up and over it (“OH SHIT! GAS IT!”) and then the rear wheel hit.

Rear fender proceeded to hit me in the ass with great force.

My upper thigh/hips hit the bars and I discovered that you pivot sharply around the bars at hip level during this maneuver. There was a (many?) hard thump, lots of crunchy noises, flashes of light, and then things are a bit fuzzy. I think I ko’d myself but I can’t say for sure.

Appears (buy the fabulous bruising) that I landed on my left hip, left shoulder and then smacked my brand new 6D helmet hard enough to break it on the left lower rear, above the shoulder.

Was riding solo (SOSR - Stupid Old Solo Rider, pronounced “saucer”). Fortunately I had a couple in a UTV stop and ask if I was okay. I’m not sure what my response was. They came back by 5 to 30 minutes (?) later, helped me get back on the bike and followed me back to my van - about 4 miles.

Thank goodness for adrenaline, the ride was brutal but doable.
    They helped me load up and I’ve been driving the couch for the past 8 days.

New record - 7 broken in one fell swoop. Beats the previous 5 in one shot but didn’t put me in the hospital so...

Pisses me off that I’ve ruined the last 6 weeks of riding season.
    Damn! Hope you feel better soon. I once wheelied over a hidden telephone pole laying down in the grass. Like you, the seat hit me in the ass and threw me up, but because I was in a wheelie, I kind of did a kiss of death and actually landed it LOL

Scariest non-wreck I ever had.

9. Collapse Details
    Blog Entries
    Should have stuck to 4 strokes, it's pretty obvious the 2 strokes still don't like you.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by bdkw1 View Post
    Should have stuck to 4 strokes, it's pretty obvious the 2 strokes still don't like you.
    Okay, I’m glad someone else said it. I admit that I’ve wondered.
    Sand is for fast cars
    Dirt is for fast drivers

Yellow Dog Racing

Page 100 of 100 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100