Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: Builder's Knowledge Section - Forum Members input requested
    I have to say, I read, and re read Standfast's build, and that's what got me going on my R-16. I had some questions, and he helped me out a lot. Even though I am using a bike motor, his thread really got me hooked!
    Nowhere near the desert.

2. Collapse Details
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    Okay, this has become funny, yet sad... I thought I was making it simple.

Yoshi - to answer your question - not sure yet. We're still trying to figure out where we'll put it - either it's own forum or as sticky? Not sure of the structure. Trying to get a group of builds to work with first, then we'll figure out how to separate, link, what have you.

MBN doesn't want specific info such as posts # 8 & 9.
    Post #7 is just complicating things.
    Post #5 has a good idea that might need to be implemented.
    Post #10 has the right idea.
    Post #11 is perfect

MBN's not looking for suggestions on what subjects or topics to pick, nor are we trying to narrow it down into specific topics like gear ratio info and such.

It's simple. Pick a build that you think really shares how someone went about making things.

Yoshi's builds are great. Well documented and you can find helpful things like his jig tables and his removable drive sections and such. I have a section in the 10Dez that shows how to make/use jigs for arms, as does Tut. The documentation shows not only how the build was done, but the tools that were used and/or made to help accomplish a finished ride.

RickS. and Protodie's highlight some really precise machine work style building.

Stand's for engine installation/removal/installation/removal/sale(?) and also his thinking on drive trains - chains, CVT.

Another one that comes to mind is Stetler's Rhino build. Well documented, chain drive.

So, no more suggestions on topics - that's covered. Pick the builds that exemplify how to go about making cars. I was just trying to broaden the coverage with the suggested MC powered, CVT system, etc..

Since drive train is usually one of the first things decided, that's why I tried to break it down into those categories.
    Last edited by K-fab; 03-07-2011 at 12:50 PM.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by K-fab View Post
    Okay, this has become funny, yet sad... I thought I was making it simple.

Yoshi - to answer your question - not sure yet. We're still trying to figure out where we'll put it - either it's own forum or as sticky? Not sure of the structure. Trying to get a group of builds to work with first, then we'll figure out how to separate, link, what have you.

MBN doesn't want specific info such as posts # 8 & 9.
    Post #7 is just complicating things.
    Post #5 has a good idea that might need to be implemented.
    Post #10 has the right idea.
    Post #11 is perfect

MBN's not looking for suggestions on what subjects or topics to pick, nor are we trying to narrow it down into specific topics like gear ratio info and such.

It's simple. Pick a build that you think really shares how someone went about making things.

Yoshi's builds are great. Well documented and you can find helpful things like his jig tables and his removable drive sections and such. I have a section in the 10Dez that shows how to make/use jigs for arms, as does Tut. The documentation shows not only how the build was done, but the tools that were used and/or made to help accomplish a finished ride.

RickS. and Protodie's highlight some really precise machine work style building.

Stand's for engine installation/removal/installation/removal/sale(?) and also his thinking on drive trains - chains, CVT.

Another one that comes to mind is Stetler's Rhino build. Well documented, chain drive.

So, no more suggestions on topics - that's covered. Pick the builds that exemplify how to go about making cars. I was just trying to broaden the coverage with the suggested MC powered, CVT system, etc..

Since drive train is usually one of the first things decided, that's why I tried to break it down into those categories.

Ok, I think I understand now. Not sure which one of my build logs to recommend since your only picking one, they are all pretty thorough and show different stuff, so in my case, it might be nice to just have a designated forum titled Sinister Sand Sports, then anyone who clicked on it would see every build log I have done, and am currently doing.

You could then have a forum for others as well, like cvt setups, etc. Maybe set it up so people can reply to the topics that are there, but only the mods have the ability to actually start a new topic or to move a topic deemed worthy into a forum. I would prob. be able to start my own topics in my forum though and would only do project logs in there.

Just an idea......
    Last edited by yoshi; 03-07-2011 at 01:10 PM.
    www.SinisterSandSports.com
    918-521-3736
    Yes, i'm on facebook clicky clicky.................

4. Collapse Details
    Protodie Master and Vendor ProtoDie's Avatar
    looks like a good idea.

I agree with Yoshi on maybe having a section for the builder if they have several different builds or mutliple styles and or multiple good threads .

Yoshi has single seat, 2 seat full size, 2 seat smaller version

I have kids cars, single seat 600 live axle,,,,a couple single seat 1000cc with reverse, 2 seat builds 1000 cc with reverse

Tut has VW type and now a arm ,,,kids roll cage

Standfast's build log is long enough to break into several builds one with MC engine and one with ecotec

Kfab of course has Briggs rebuilds , Dez, and other ones too.

Rick also has several

Anyhow, I think it is a good idea

5. Collapse Details
    I like the sections for the different builders too.
    I sometimes have trouble just finding my own stuf on here.

6. Collapse Details
    K-Fab don't be modest your builds need to be in this list. Each one from the rebuild of the Briggs buggies to the Dez 10 are very informative. hey are almost step by step instructions. As I was building my car and trying to post pics and ideas here I often looked to your posts as a guide.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by utvfab View Post
    K-Fab don't be modest your builds need to be in this list. Each one from the rebuild of the Briggs buggies to the Dez 10 are very informative. hey are almost step by step instructions. As I was building my car and trying to post pics and ideas here I often looked to your posts as a guide.
    I second this,BRIGGSBUILTS rule the world!
    "Speed is time-time is speed"-Dennis Hopper

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    did you use a special bigfoot camera or something ,you know all blurry could be a tree stump kinda thing .

8. Collapse Details
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    Now those are some good ideas. Builder's section for each that's done multiple projects.

I appreciate you guys saying my builds need to be in there.

9. Collapse Details
    I also suggest K-fab for his cars and builds. I look into his weekly to see his work and to also help improve or just to help come up with an idea or a way of doing something that I remember K-fab doing on his car. Same goes for many others on here. It is great to look into a topic and see something and go "I can do that" then when you get to that part of your build you go.. now where did I see that.. and who was building it again? Or the topic is 3 pages back and you can't find it.

That is why I like the idea of not only a section for the build logs that explain the most, has a lot of good info, good pics, information and details of how, why etc. to help me.
    But it would be great to have some kind of discription or list so you would maybe look at the title or section and go oh ya that's where it is.

For example in the Links to rail builders and suppliers the pinned topic, you go into that and it is broken into sections. Motorcycle and sled powered buggy builders, big cars etc.
    I think if sections were broken into their groups so you would know what the build is mostly about or be able to go into a build topic knowing your looking in the right place would be a big help.

2 seat cars cvt power, single seat cars for racing, 2 seat motorcycle sled power, rear spool cars.. etc. A good discription so your not wasting your time searching and reading 40 pages and go.. dang nope that wasn't the one I was looking for. It was good but not the one I remember or wanted.

Take a look at the builders and suppliers topic for an example of what I was thinking might be a way of setting it up.
    https://www.minibuggy.net/forum/minib...suppliers.html

You may have several builders or projects in several sections because like Yoshi, K-fab, Protodie and others you have built more then one vehicle. So you may be listed in 2 sections.

I was thinking maybe for now we set it up like that topic and link to the builds. So people can still post in them, ask questions etc. but not have to search 10 pages back to find them.
    Then later expand on it if people like it and use it.

Thats my thoughts of how I think we could at least get started and then grow from there.
    Anyways just my thoughts.
    Last edited by TutTech; 03-08-2011 at 08:11 AM.

10. Collapse Details
    Specs that should be included in these "Model Builds"
    Approach and Departure angles
    Turning radius
    Ground clearance
    RTI Ramp Travel index RTI/Wheelbase basically articulation. http://www.offroaders.com/info/tech-corner/rti.htm

I believe these are all real world specs that help to define how a buggy will work in a lot of different situations
    Last edited by AtvNut; 03-15-2011 at 04:54 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2