Thread: glamis

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    glamis
    ?
    when dose glamis open

2. Collapse Details
    Re: glamis
    Glamis is open year round but in the summer its over 120 out there. Being your from AZ thats probably normal for yah though!

Certain parts like the place they call Competition Hill get closed at night (Thanx to drunk asholes) especially on the big weekends but I do not know if they bother when only a few are there during the week.

Welcome to the site BTWay!
    Now that NOBAMA has PROVEN he is the absolute WORST president in the history of history Jimmy Carter can thank him for stealing the dunce crown.

Lets hope the next guy repeals NObama care along with the rest of the stupid crap this blight on our windshield has done.

3. Collapse Details
    Mesa, AZ - Home of the elusive "SnowBird"
    Never closes. Even during the summer there are monkey like me who go on night rides - Big groups for full moons. There are sections that are closed for plants, etc. But the basic concept never closes.

As to the "season" Figure 10/15 to about 4/15 each year. Before or after it is just a tad on the warm side.
    I like things that move. Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers.

4. Collapse Details
    Cold Spring MN ...Dunz season's ust around the corner
    If you send me a check for $2.50 I will send ya a year around sweat band pass....

5. Collapse Details
    American Fork, UT 90 minutes from the sand
    Since you bring up the subject of Glamis, I was looking at a map that shows the areas that are open for riding and the areas that are closed. I was shocked to see that only a small area in the middle of the dunes is still open to riding. All of the other areas have been gradually closed over the years.

Does this still leave enough area for riding or is it mostly cheek to jowl with the crowds that show up in the winter?

6. Collapse Details
    That small area on the map is pretty Damm big, but they're try to close more. The damp is still open for comments I'll find the link for the asa later and post it here unless its already on the site somewhere else

7. Collapse Details
    Mesa, AZ - Home of the elusive "SnowBird"
    Follow this link - I was able to get about 30 letters sent in through variosu site campaigns - not enough - but better than none.

https://www.minibuggy.net/forum/minib...il-please.html
    I like things that move. Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers.

8. Collapse Details
    American Fork, UT 90 minutes from the sand
    I read through the information concerning the pending closures. The glamis-haters have been using that milkweed plant as a poster child for decades. If it is in such danger, then how has it survived and thrived in OHV riding areas for the past 4-5 decades?

I'll send in an email and include my 2 cents. I will probably never have an opportunity to ride there, but we had better start pushing back or there will be nowhere to ride at all.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by darwinpayne2000 View Post
    I read through the information concerning the pending closures. The glamis-haters have been using that milkweed plant as a poster child for decades. If it is in such danger, then how has it survived and thrived in OHV riding areas for the past 4-5 decades?

I'll send in an email and include my 2 cents. I will probably never have an opportunity to ride there, but we had better start pushing back or there will be nowhere to ride at all.

The plant is not in danger at all (your case in point of it thriving after 5 decades is EXACTLY what I said when they first came out with that BS) and the tree huggers have used many illegal tactics to get what they want. Lying about the plant iso nly one of them. Its been proven its not in danger but since they have said it is....Proof it is not seems too not matter.

Glamis is only about a 12 hour drive or so from Salt Lake city and I am not 100% sure where you are at Darwin but you should grab a couple buddies and do it up on a road trip even if just for a couple days to see the north end of it (or the south end for that matter)

12 hours is not a small trip but us poor easterners have to drive for a couple to three days to get there!
    Now that NOBAMA has PROVEN he is the absolute WORST president in the history of history Jimmy Carter can thank him for stealing the dunce crown.

Lets hope the next guy repeals NObama care along with the rest of the stupid crap this blight on our windshield has done.

10. Collapse Details
    What we REALLY NEED to do is find out the top people in these tree hugger gropus who are trying to shut Glamis and other palces like that down and start attacking thier hobbies with a vengence.

Let them know if they take our fun we are gonna take theirs too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast