Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Anyone doing a MEGALODON?
    Just curious if anyone is doing one of those yet?

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Anyone doing a MEGALODON?
    Cold Spring MN ...Dunz season's ust around the corner
    Quote Originally Posted by maybebuggy View Post
    Just curious if anyone is doing one of those yet?
    Kind of a personal question ae LOL just kidin But man he was postin updates about every week then its like he dropped off the buggy board I thought his buggy had some potental
    The question is not if its gona roll. Its when ..

That be some kind of church cruzzer or commuter bike thingy ?

3. Collapse Details
    Nice looking car. Its been about a month since I last heard from Bruce. They are still finishing up the car but their main business is taking up all their time, something I know all about, you got to make hay while the sun shines.

4. Collapse Details
    Cold Spring MN ...Dunz season's ust around the corner
    i an relate to that i agree with Mc .. Bruce has a good lookin build goin on
    The question is not if its gona roll. Its when ..

That be some kind of church cruzzer or commuter bike thingy ?

5. Collapse Details
    Anyone else bought plans and started one?
    I know some bought plans, but anyone start one?

6. Collapse Details
    I have a set of plans but want to finish my ST2 first and save some money to start a Megalodon in the future.

Then I will do many things different and hope to finish the Megalodon within months instead of years like my ST2...

Badland posted several photo's of the Megalodon on their Facebook today, check them out because they are very cool!

Erwin
    I'm building my personal Badland's ST2 Long Travel

7. Collapse Details
    I bought the plans also and would love to build it. I think it is a very cool looking buggy. But I have too much invested it parts and time on the build that I am going to start to change plans now. If I ever do another build after this one(if I ever actualy get this one started) it will be the megalodon

8. Collapse Details
    What size tube is the Megalodon calling for.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Y.O.R View Post
    What size tube is the Megalodon calling for.
    All is good purchased the plans... Looks like 1.5 dom

10. Collapse Details
    Hey guys! Sorry about the disappearing act for the last several months. The fab shop took on & completed numerous large contracts this spring & i've also been crazy busy designing/building six new prototypes for automatic welding equipment. it's insanely busy in Alberta, Canada right now with the oil industry & will be into 2014, I hear.

Project: MEGALODON update: MEGALODON has been done & tested months ago. We've been having meetings with a local racing promoter over the past few months. We're working towards establishing a new local off-road racing series & new track. So far, nothing is signed yet. The racing promoter wants us to help design the layout of their new track, so over the past few months, we have been adding "racing" upgrades to MEGALODON, including all the regular safety requirements & many performance upgrades (thanks again, Monty, at Performance Fab for building an awesome air intake for us). That's why we also upgraded the cooling system (it's works amazingly).

This is why we also held off on painting/powder coating just yet too. We're continuing to test each new racing upgrade to ensure it's proven & race-worthy. If the new local race track gets underway, I'll post the vid's of MEGALODON on a real off-road race track, but if this new racing series doesn't materialize this year, we are still always moving forward on design & engineering improvements with MEGALODON to make it the best, most reliable & proven off-road vehicle we can possible make. Any changes/upgrades will eventually make their way in the construction plans, if they are applicable, and anyone who purchased plans will always receive any new revisions for free. No revisions yet, it works awesome as per the current plans.

Will I be posting on minibuggy.net again now? Let's be honest, probably not. I simply don't have the time to sift through the hundreds threads & answer everyone's questions on individual threads daily, but I do respond to each & everyone who contacts us via e-mail (info@badlandbuggy.com) usually within a few minutes, and those who call us by telephone (780-298-1098) & also Facebook & Twitter. I will continue to be posting all our latest info, photos, vid's, updates, events, etc... on our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/badlandbuggy).

Why Facebook? It's fast & easy for us to post.

Will Badland Buggy be offering kits, chassis's, parts? Yes, hopefully. When? We're working on that. Once the fab shop cools down (if it does!), our plan is to immediately build knock down chassis tube kits, welded chassis's, laser cut plate kits & maybe pre-assembled sub-assemblies. There's a huge overhead cost, time commitment & risk involved with undertaking this, as I'm sure you can appreciate, so we're currently reviewing the financial costs & risks associated with this, as you would in any business. When the time comes, we will be making announcements on Facebook, Twitter & our website. No time frame yet.

So cool to see a buggy community like minibuggy.net. It's one of the coolest places on the internet for sharing of information for buggy freaks, like us!

If you're in the Edmonton area & want to come see us or check out our shop, give us a ring at 780-298-1098. According to our safety & insurance peeps, our shop is not open to the public, but we would be glad to show you around if you call & schedule an appointment, it would have to be on a weekend when work is a lil slower & there's not 10+ people grinding & welding.

We're also planning a few trips to the USA this year. We will be bringing MEGALODON along to get some more sand in her toes. We're looking at St. Anthony Dunes in Idaho for early to mid-August (e-mail us if you're going to be there around that time) & Glamis Dunes in California either late fall or early 2013.

Happy & safe buggy building!

Cheers,

Bruce
    badlandbuggy.com

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast