Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Expensive hobbies?
    Is it just me or do you guys gravitate to hobbies that make your wife wonder what you're thinking? Mine is curious why I can't just stick to one hobby, and why it can't be an inexpensive one.

So, what kind of other hobbies do you guys like? As far as me....I shoot all sorts of firearms and bows, reloading, hunting, fishing (I live on a lake), motorcycle building, restoring/building furniture, and that's the short list. Now I am prepping to build a buggy and in a few years I'll start on my airplane......

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Expensive hobbies?
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    Raced RC cars for years - carpet oval, off road. Had a blast. Move upwards into the sky with RC helicopters. Quit them a few years ago, picked up RC planes about a year ago...

Used to ride motocross almost every weekend (no racing, just having fun), but now that I'm here in the desert, it looks like I've given up on motocross and started off road riding a lot more - waiting on a new KTM 350 XCF-W, which should be here next week - sold the MX and old off road bikes about a month ago.

3. Collapse Details
    BMX and Dirt bikes as a kid then RC racing then Drag racing then Motocross racing then Stunt riding then RC helicopters. I have also always bought fixed and sold cars motorcycles dune buggies gokarts 4 wheelers. Pretty much anything with a motor that I found interesting.

This was at Stuntwars a few years ago.

Without a hobby I go a little crazy. Luckily my girl knows me well enough to understand that..lol

4. Collapse Details
    Building buggies, building cars/trucks, off-road racing, MX (No racing anymore but still ride some tracks), enduro/desert riding, Karting, building airplanes, maintaining airplanes, flying airplanes, flying aerobatics, hating airplanes, loving airplanes, Boats (currently on a break), stand up skis, RC airplanes (Do a LOT of scratch building), RC helicopters, RC cars, Saltwater Reef tanks (STUPID expensive), shooting, building guns, fishing, camping, traveling, etc etc etc. I have WAY too many hobbies...

My wife says that I'm the only person she knows that could retire tomorrow and keep myself busy every day for the rest of my life. Most of my hobbies are insanely expensive. I don't dedicate time to all of them consistently. I can't afford to! I mostly go in spurts. Buggies, airplanes, Enduro riding, remodeling our house, and guns are my current active hobbies with a little bit of RC thrown in every now and then. Desert stuff (buggies and bikes) are always a constant hobby. My wife and son love it as well so it works out great for me. I have a very strong tendency to do what my son is interested in at the time (other than the guns). He asked me last night "Dadda? Can we work on the buggy?" That, my friends, is what victory sounds like.
    Last edited by flyerrider; 06-25-2015 at 06:50 PM.
    Over complicating mini buggies since 2005

Certified lazy fabricating laser junkie

K-Fab Says: Don't ride with me - I flip stuff like RZRs and myself over the bars...

5. Collapse Details
    I'm not married so no wife, but yep, I know exactly what you're talking about. A top few on my "expensive hobbies" list in no particular order would be boating, building custom Harleys and Jap bikes, jet skis, building/driving Toyota crawlers, mountain biking, building baja bugs and street bugs (I'm a huge VW nut), building hot rods, motocross, firearms, (and rc planes until recently when I sold them all since they were just collecting dust)... and x2 on Liduno's comment about always having been a buyer, seller, fixer of anything interesting with a motor.
    The less costly hobbies: fishing, drawing, road trips, music, movies, woodwork, camping, hiking, day dreaming ...
    I always say I have toooo many hobbies.
    I want a son like that some day flyerrider.
    Dune 500

6. Collapse Details
    As a kid it was minibikes and dirt bikes. Turned 16 then streetbikes and cars.
    Boats and snowmobiles in my 20's.
    30's was Hunting, fishing, and quads. Got the buggie bug in 2004 (44)
    Still building those now at 55. The hobbies keep getting more expensive.
    And these are my latest toys.

7. Collapse Details
    Nice rides Rick.

8. Collapse Details
    My wife asked me one time "do you really need so many guns?" So I said, since she is an amazing cook and has every gizmo under the sun (at least she uses them all), "can you cook and bake everything you do in one pan or pot?" She said no and I said I cannot possibly shoot everything I need to shoot with a single firearm!

I really need to build a few more but I'm, SQUIRREL, now fixated on buggies! I also need to finish up my latest Harley chopper but I can't seem to focus or get motivated to do it with buggies on the brain.....

9. Collapse Details
    I don't say anything about the kitchen utensils my girl has and she doesn't say anything about my tools..lol

If I were to complain about a $350 kitchen mixer, she might want to know how much my lathe cost..lol

10. Collapse Details
    "Speed is time-time is speed"-Dennis Hopper

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    did you use a special bigfoot camera or something ,you know all blurry could be a tree stump kinda thing .

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast