Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: The X-bird De-Mothballed!
    Bend-Tech Dragon Master
    Coos Bay, 10 miles from the OREGON DUNES!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xbird View Post
    These days with the price of paint and labor, resto of anything but the really desirable muscle is a losing proposition dollars-wise.
    In the last 5-6 years there have been several guys making turbo 301s go fast ... way faster than anyone thought possible. There were some good design aspects to that engine, but coming out in the smog era followed shortly thereafter by the end of PMD left it out in the cold and lonely.
    99% of anything you do to 90% of vehicles is a losing proposition.
    You feed a car money even a collectible, unless you have the hot model at the moment of sale- its a marriage

2. Collapse Details
    Cold Spring MN ...Dunz season's ust around the corner
    I had a 301 in my 78 GP and all I can say is it ran very well & was good on gas but power
    The question is not if its gona roll. Its when ..

That be some kind of church cruzzer or commuter bike thingy ?

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by JGSturbo View Post
    99% of anything you do to 90% of vehicles is a losing proposition.
    You feed a car money even a collectible, unless you have the hot model at the moment of sale- its a marriage
    When in the resto business way back when it always blew my mind when the "haves" would dump six figures into a car that they absolutely knew would never get out of the 30Ks.

Now if i could get as much as nick got for this, for my bird
    1967 Ferrari Dino 206 S Spider | Monaco 2014 | RM AUCTIONS

Amazing little car, may very well have more race wins than any other Ferrari. the rear uprights have at least 4 and maybe up to 6 3-digit S/N stampings on them. Can't quite recall, a lot were right on to p of each other. I always wondered just which sports and F1 cars they came from every time I touched them.

Thanks to some of my past jobs I was able to get a lot done on the bird over the years at no charge. I have all the good sheetmetal in the basement. (doors, fenders, hood) I keep saying, "one day when i can afford the paint." engine/bay, trunk int. suspension, interior and underside are all done.

For now i have a blast beating up on the unsuspecting with the primer thug ...
    and no worries about a few little dents and dings .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2