Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    FL250 and sand dunes??
    I just aquired a 1982 Ody, bone stock. *What can I expect in the dunes? *I'm not looking to climb Choke, so no worries there!

I'm 100% new to 2-smokes, so I'll need some help. *When I rebuild the engine, I plan on going .040 over and using a DG pipe. *How much of a difference will this make compared to stock?

2. Collapse Details
    Re: FL250 and sand dunes??
    If the motor needs boring you should just go what it needs. Going .040 over just cause will not make enough extra power to be worth it over other better ways to make power and you will just take life out of the cylinder.

The lack of any real rear suspension is gonna limit your speed. You get it wound up past 30 mph and hit any whoops its likley to bounce hard enough to try to flip. I have seen 250's in Glamis and they are OK for putting around and if you are light they will climb OK with the right tires. Its better than a average gokart with small tires but only by a percentage. Still fun if you do not expect to much out of it. Bill
    Now that NOBAMA has PROVEN he is the absolute WORST president in the history of history Jimmy Carter can thank him for stealing the dunce crown.

Lets hope the next guy repeals NObama care along with the rest of the stupid crap this blight on our windshield has done.

3. Collapse Details
    FOr any and all info on FL250's check out my site man! * www.odmods.webs.com!

You can purches the honda odyssey sand tires to get good traction in the dunes, and youl have a blast.

4. Collapse Details
    I went to your site and did not find anything of use to me, but thanks anyway. *The FL250's are too heavy and underpowered to run paddles when stock, and I know the limitations of the lack of suspension. *Instead of plugging your own site, why not answer my question? I just want to know what to expect with a stock Ody in the sand. *I don't want to climb to the moon, or run 70 mph.

I'll keep the over-boiring in mind, and just do what is necessary to keep it going. *Thanks for your input, its appreciated.

5. Collapse Details
    Well I saw my 6 y/o in a stock 250 at sand mountain and it seemed to go alright if you don't mind the bumps. I just dont know what would happen with a 200 pound man.
    Long travel Oddy with lots of mods
    2001 Polaris 600
    Fox Airs on the rear
    I like to go fast!!!

6. Collapse Details
    I wish I had one of these when I was 6 years old! *Well, I'll just have to hop in and take it for a spin in some sand and see for myself. *Couldn't be any worse than my old 300EX. *It was fine for the small stuff, too.

7. Collapse Details
    Put some suspension on it, even if it's 5 or 6 in. it will be a lot better then none.

8. Collapse Details
    I dont know too muck about the 250's but it shouldn't be too tough to upgrade the front suspention.
    Long travel Oddy with lots of mods
    2001 Polaris 600
    Fox Airs on the rear
    I like to go fast!!!

9. Collapse Details
    If your engine is properly tuned, correct tire pressure, proper mixture *you should have allot of fun in the sand. *I personaly havent run in sand because there realy isnt much here.. *and the stuff we have is wet. * *but after reading reports of people in sand * you should have a blast. *

Its not that hard to upgrade the front suspension either

For the record im not "plugging my site" I make no profit of it, al its for is to help odyssey users

10. Collapse Details
    There use to be some hydraulic shocks for the front that worked well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast