Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: HELP with a ODDY Project PLEASE!
    I did actually drive it...it was pretty quick. Got a little carried away and with no brake scared myself.

In the video I did not open it up the whole way. Had my jack under the one frame rail and when I did open it up the pulley started to grind into it...the sparks scared the cap out of me.

All that crapped work will be taken care of...

2. Collapse Details
    That certainly is an interesting exhaust... "It's custom, adds 20hp"

But in all reality, a 2 smoker needs a pipe meant for it or you're losing all your power.

Gotta say, I kinda have a soft spot for this build cuz it reminds me of my own

3. Collapse Details
    OK, cool.

BTW, you know we can see ALL the pics on your PB?
    "Speed is time-time is speed"-Dennis Hopper

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    did you use a special bigfoot camera or something ,you know all blurry could be a tree stump kinda thing .

4. Collapse Details
    Yeah. Nothing I am worried about.

Check out my Harley while ur there!

5. Collapse Details
    I know about 2 strokes and expansion chambers...my last bike was a KTM 250SX with a 300 top end...set up for woods racing. Been riding 2 strokes for a long time.

BUT my Attex with a 440 only had a can muffler and it ran fine. I will need to actually identify this engine and go from there.

6. Collapse Details
    That is also true, older 2 strokes didn't have expansion chambers and ran fine. So depending on the age you may actually be ok

7. Collapse Details
    While a proper pipe can make more HP I would first wish for a chassis that can use more HP. This engine even detuned will likely push this faster than it has a right to be going.

Unless of course you are going for the worlds best Youtube moment! Then of course you need twice the power to impress the masses with "Why would a person even try that!
    Now that NOBAMA has PROVEN he is the absolute WORST president in the history of history Jimmy Carter can thank him for stealing the dunce crown.

Lets hope the next guy repeals NObama care along with the rest of the stupid crap this blight on our windshield has done.

8. Collapse Details
    I think that old frame would still hold up to that kind of power much better than my chinese one would but it's done me well for what it is so far, so can't really complain

9. Collapse Details
    Guess you got it and it runs, so might as well tinker with it some more and take it for a spin, just dont die.

Golf cart rear ends are beefy, but most carts only have 9-13hp stock.
    Edge Piranha with Sled Engine, 2 Margay sprint race karts, and a couple of fun Karts

10. Collapse Details
    I am planning on making my own frame and suspension based on the SII plans.

I am not going to build the SII, but rather a single seat using the Oddy frame and a custom lower section that I will build to place this cage on top off...basically making a taller roof.

That should allow me to get myself down inside, plus my wife will think it's the same "go-cart" I bought because it will still resemble it.

The golf cart rear end is not going to be used...after checking it out, it really takes up more room than a carrier bearing set up...plus I will have the option of changing my gearing.

I even tossed around the idea of building that 2 seater SII frame and cutting this one in half and widening it...I suppose you could gear theat snowmobile engine low enough to have fun with it in the woods.

Our other buggy is basically a Manco Deuce with a 20hp Vanguard and CB900 disk brakes...23" fronts and 25" rears. This buggy has been in some really nasty places that I had no business taking it. It was the most fun per dollar toy that I have owned!

I am letting my daughter and her boyfriend have it, which is why I originally bought the Oddy in the first place...a single buggy for me to tag along on.
    Shis is 20 now but i created a buggy maniac by taking her to Wellsville, Ohio every weekend! Here were at Allegheny National forest...AKA Marrienville, PA.

This is a homebuilt buggy that my brother bought...wish I would have studied it a little better when he had it. This one had the 10hp that came out of the Manco.

While I am littering this post with pics, this is is that 250SX with the 300 top end...had the explosive power of the 250 but the monster pull of the 300. This bike was a real beast...not like the 300XC which felt like a 4 stroke! My brother had one so i know.

Hope you enjoyed the pics!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast