Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    FL350 Jetting Questions...
    Hey guys, I just picked up a FL350. Always wanted one of these little buggies! The previous owner had it for two years and said he played with the jetting a little, but not much. It boggs down in midrange. I'm not all sure what has been done to it, but I can see there is a DG pipe and silencer..and a K&N air filter.

Any suggestions on what to start off with as far as jetting and maybe the needle clip position?

Thanks!

2. Collapse Details
    Re: FL350 Jetting Questions...
    If that has a slide carb you might try dropping the needle one notch. If it gets worse go up one past where it was to start

3. Collapse Details
    Before you do any jetting...

#1: Leak-check that engine!
    #2: Ditch that K&N filter. K&N air filters are engine killers!
    #3: Drain out the old fuel, and mix / replace with a new known mix.
    #4: Check the engine compression.

Is it a round-slide carb? Got a pic?
    What jet #'s are in there now?
    What altitude are you at?
    "Hello. My name is Dan and I'm addicted to buggies."

4. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the replies! Ok, how do I leak check the engine? What type of filter should I run? Thanks for reminding me on the fuel. The previous owner said he ran 20:1. That seems crazy rich!

I'll get a picture of the carb, but it looks like a typical dirtbike carb to me.

I'm at sea level on the gulf coast.

Haven't checked the compression, I guess I better do that...and I'm not sure of the current jetting yet. I'll check that too.

5. Collapse Details
    Uni foam filter. I agree with D-money that K/N are bad news for your engine. They let way to much dirt in. A lot of racers like them and they can make a little more power if you are good with ruining pistons and cylinders to do it. Dirt aint easy on bottom ends either.... Remember all that dirt is going thru the crankcase and those bearings there get lubed by the oil and the dirt gets in them too!

Take the pipe off and make sure its cleaned out. Mice like to make nests in them.

DO a crankcase pressure test (positive and negative) NO amount of jetting will cure an angine if its got a leak in the bottom end somewhere.

Clean the carb then clean it again. Use tiny wires and compressed air to make sure all ports are open (not to mention GOOD carb cleaner). Then double check them.
    Now that NOBAMA has PROVEN he is the absolute WORST president in the history of history Jimmy Carter can thank him for stealing the dunce crown.

Lets hope the next guy repeals NObama care along with the rest of the stupid crap this blight on our windshield has done.

6. Collapse Details
    20 to 1 is normal especially with old oils. with todys quality synthetics you can run 50 to 1 and make a good bit more power with little to no wear from that oil ratio if the air filter is good and the jetting is not to lean.

35 to 1 to 40 to 1 is bettter if you like reliability a little more than power.

But we used to run 50 to 1 in Yamaha Banshees with bel-ray synthetic and could go two years before a rebuild and we beat those poor things like they were stolen and we were being chased.
    Now that NOBAMA has PROVEN he is the absolute WORST president in the history of history Jimmy Carter can thank him for stealing the dunce crown.

Lets hope the next guy repeals NObama care along with the rest of the stupid crap this blight on our windshield has done.

7. Collapse Details
    Ok, I ordered the UNI filter. So how do I do a pressure test on the crank case?

8. Collapse Details
    And I guess I better change the crankcase oil while I'm getting it set up right. Do you add oil in just one spot, or are there two? What type of crankcase oil do you guys run?

9. Collapse Details
    https://www.minibuggy.net/forum/pilot...questions.html

Go to post number three to see how to do a crankcase pressure test.

I know the 400 pilots had a counter balancer and it had a little oil but I am not sure about the 350 odessys. I think they were just a two stroke with no counter balancer and might not have oil in the engine other than two stroke in the gas?? Its been many many (many many) years since I messed with a 350 odessy...

But there are others on this site who can answer the 350 crankcase question and likely will soon.

10. Collapse Details
    Man, this forum is hooking me up! Thanks for the help so far! I'm off this coming Monday and Tuesday, so I'll start doing a little checking into the engine!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast