Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    help cdi problem
    i havent been working on my odyssey latley because i have been building my garage.i finally have it done and pulled my odyssey in it today and took the cdi off to order a new one "i think it is my bogging problem" and when i got on ebay to order one all of them have a square plug in and mine is round so i done some digging on the net and the cdi on my odyssey is from a 200s honda 3 wheeler! now my next question is could it have came this way? and would this cause any problem? everything on it looks like it has been on it forever except what i have changed the name on the cdi is shindengen and the numbers are cf439 this cdi is 20 bucks on ebay and the odyssey cdi is 50 so if it wouldnt hurt to run it i will leave it! what do you guys think? any help is greatly needed i have to get this thing running right i have spent so much money on it and never got to ride it

2. Collapse Details
    Re: help cdi problem
    i looked up the wiring diagram on the net and they are exactly the same even the wiring color! im just wondering if there is a diffrence between a 2 stroke cdi and a 4 stroke cdi?

3. Collapse Details
    i just found out that they also used them on 250 r 3 wheelers that were 2 stroke! what do you guys think should i use it not

4. Collapse Details
    ust because the outside looks the same doesnt mean the inside is the same. That said it is a shot in the dark and your money

5. Collapse Details
    Imma sound like a broken record here but did you ever try a timing light on the motor? (You might have told me but I forget things a lot...) See if the light flutters any when the bogging starts.

The induction pickup wil go on the coil wire of course but to make sure you got a stabile 12 volts. (The odessey may not be stabil if the rectifier is bad or going. I forget the year of the odessey and it may be a 6 volt system too) Use a automobile parked close to supply the good solid twelve volts.

If the charging system on the Odessy is bad it too could be causing loss of voltage which might be your issue.

IF the timing light does not flutter with the pickup on the coil wire and its power leads on a good 12 volt car battery. Hook it to the Odessey (if its a 12 volt system) If it then flutters you have a generator issue. A volt meter might also tell a tale of charging system blues.
    Now that NOBAMA has PROVEN he is the absolute WORST president in the history of history Jimmy Carter can thank him for stealing the dunce crown.

Lets hope the next guy repeals NObama care along with the rest of the stupid crap this blight on our windshield has done.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by SLICK WILLY View Post
    i just found out that they also used them on 250 r 3 wheelers that were 2 stroke! what do you guys think should i use it not

Let us know if you get the 250R CDI and if it works, I have wanted to get one and try also since they have the same round plug but every time I bid on one on ebay I get outbid.

Bob

7. Collapse Details
    nutz i put a timing light on it and when it accelerates and starts to bog the light almost goes out! so i figured that with everything else working or has been checked good the cdi has to be the problem.

8. Collapse Details
    Was the timing light hooked to the batery of the odessy? Try it with the separate car battery jsut to eliminate the charging system.

Also try a better ground strap. You could even temporary like use jumper cables. See if it then revs with a cable on the NEG battery post and one on the motor in a bare metal spot.

If still nothing then its a good bet you got a mickey mouse CDI.
    Now that NOBAMA has PROVEN he is the absolute WORST president in the history of history Jimmy Carter can thank him for stealing the dunce crown.

Lets hope the next guy repeals NObama care along with the rest of the stupid crap this blight on our windshield has done.

9. Collapse Details
    hey nutz it dosent have a battery or a charging system. the only thing it does have is a light coil to power the lights. i hooked the timing light to the battery on my car

10. Collapse Details
    I would check to see if that system falters on power production. If it stops making good juice due to a bad rectifier (or other) the CDI will never work right.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast