1. Collapse Details
    fl250 next project
    The new cage and swing arm suspension works well on my first fl250 project.
    I would like to put independent suspension on the next project I am planning to start from scratch on this one,new frame and cage using all fl250 components but I do have two good fl350 axles and bearing housings with hubs.
    I have seen on a couple websites people flipping the fl250 tranny mounting it in the middle like a fl350, I am leary of this as flipping the driven clutch puts a lot of stress on the tranny's input shaft and does not look long enough to add a support bearing on the end of the shaft.
    Option 2 is make it like the fl250 challenger with single universal but this only has 4" travel max and camber is not stable. Either option is a lot better than no rear suspension.
    If any one has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks Bill

2. Collapse Details
    Re: fl250 next project
    I would say if you are capable of doing the other machine and the mods you talk of here why not forget (or sell) the fl250 stuff and just build a nicer machine than even a fl350?

By the time you do all that to the rear you gotta do a good bit to the front. Seems easier to just build from the ground up even if just going for 6 inchs of travel. More (8-10) aint to hard. Just my thoughts on it.
    Now that NOBAMA has PROVEN he is the absolute WORST president in the history of history Jimmy Carter can thank him for stealing the dunce crown.

Lets hope the next guy repeals NObama care along with the rest of the stupid crap this blight on our windshield has done.

3. Collapse Details
    I paid $700cdn for both fl250's both have rebuilt engines right now I am in to both machines for $1000 cdn and they both run. I will be using them on a friends farm he is putting aside about three to five acres for a track. I thought about a two seater but the wife would rather have her own single seater. The 250's are a good start, the cheapest I have seen a fl350 for is $1800us. I looked at the chinese buggy's but am not that impressed. I have been searching for a wrecked quad for parts but the only ones I found I think they are a little warm. I would like to see how much we use them this comming summer before I get too much invested. If we enjoy them I will start collecting parts to build better machines next winter.
    Part of the enjoyment for me is building, as a superintendent of a whole log chipplant I don't get to build much any more it is nice to get the brain and hands working, rather than just telling people what to do.
    Last edited by 65TIGER; 01-07-2010 at 12:31 AM.

4. Collapse Details
    Buggy Plans, Go Kart Plans, Two Seater, Suspension Kart, Buggy Kits, Kart Kits, Buggy Parts, Kart Parts.

You seen those? More travel than a stock Pilot and pretty easy to do they say. I aint bought those plans yet but I might just to see them.

Could easily make it a one seater if needed.

I would just play with the ones you got as they are AND while doing that work on something like this or better.
    Now that NOBAMA has PROVEN he is the absolute WORST president in the history of history Jimmy Carter can thank him for stealing the dunce crown.

Lets hope the next guy repeals NObama care along with the rest of the stupid crap this blight on our windshield has done.

5. Collapse Details
    Nutz 4 SAND
    I think I will take your advice and get rid of the stock fl250.
    We had the fl250 with rear swing arm out at the farm Sunday
    the wife loved it covered with mud from head to toe the machine ran great started first pull every time once warmed up. The rear swing arm is a huge improvement over no suspension.
    This site has so much great info so a little studying and I will start to gather some bits and pieces I will Run the stock Fl250 and hopfully be able to sell it in the summer.
    Thanks for the advice Bill