Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: FL350 Oddyssey Bolt-on A-arm Conversion
    Haven't figured out the price yet, but it will be affordable. The kit can use the stock shocks. Mine has the 2008 kfx450r front shocks. They should be the same length as the ltz400 ones. Basically, the kit will use the entire front suspension from a quad. The only thing different will be longer brake lines. I used a braided line from the master cylinder out to a "T" fitting, then a line to each caliper. I am about to put together another kit that has trx450r a arms, shocks, spindles, hubs and calipers. Let me know if anyone is interested.

2. Collapse Details
    Nice job!
    My only suggestion would be to rotate the tabs up out of harms way.That would also lower the front which seems a little high anyway.They would take a beating on the rocks.
    "Speed is time-time is speed"-Dennis Hopper

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    did you use a special bigfoot camera or something ,you know all blurry could be a tree stump kinda thing .

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by kawonda View Post
    Haven't figured out the price yet, but it will be affordable. The kit can use the stock shocks. Mine has the 2008 kfx450r front shocks. They should be the same length as the ltz400 ones. Basically, the kit will use the entire front suspension from a quad. The only thing different will be longer brake lines. I used a braided line from the master cylinder out to a "T" fitting, then a line to each caliper. I am about to put together another kit that has trx450r a arms, shocks, spindles, hubs and calipers. Let me know if anyone is interested.
    You priced it at 800.00. FL350 Oddyssey A-Arm Kit ONLY

I would like to see a video and ride report, my fl350 with works did wonders:

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j2...y/DSC_0468.jpg

Anyone can build a a-arm kit, but is it going to hurt the machine or help it?

4. Collapse Details
    I did price it locally to see if there was any interest. I am not sure if I will stay with that price or not. That price is only for the sub frame and steering. The interested party provides the a arms, shocks, spindles and hubs of there choice. Therefore my previous statement of not being sure of the price yet still stands. I will be building up a complete set with trx450r parts per my previous post, probably next week.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Creativeness View Post
    You priced it at 800.00. FL350 Oddyssey A-Arm Kit ONLY

I would like to see a video and ride report, my fl350 with works did wonders:

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j2...y/DSC_0468.jpg

Anyone can build a a-arm kit, but is it going to hurt the machine or help it?
    SWEET picture dude,how about one in the daylight?
    "Speed is time-time is speed"-Dennis Hopper

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    did you use a special bigfoot camera or something ,you know all blurry could be a tree stump kinda thing .

6. Collapse Details
    Right on, looks good, should be a lot better to ride.
    Long travel Oddy with lots of mods
    2001 Polaris 600
    Fox Airs on the rear
    I like to go fast!!!

7. Collapse Details
    if u dodnt mind me asking what was the cost of putting the arms together

8. Collapse Details
    Well, I went out and tested the new bolt-on a-arm kit that I made, and it worked awesome. I had to adjust the front kfx450r shock springs a little to stiffen up the front. It absorbed the bumps so much better than the stock arms even with the works performance shocks that I had on the stock front end. It turns a tighter radius than the stock front. The steering is easy, and does NOT lock up. I tried to lock it up, but couldn't. It is a much smoother ride in the front over stock, with alot more travel. I was able to drive it and steer with only my right hand on the yoke and throttle. I was concerned that if I hit a bump or rock on one of the tires, that it would rip the yoke out of my hand. It didn't jerk the yoke at all. The tire rolled over the rock and the suspension absorbed the bump. Oddyssey's are known for landing nose down during a landing from a jump. The a-arms handled a front landing just fine. There is no noticable bump steer either. My buddy who has a stock front end oddyssey, drove it and was very happy with it also. So I guess the next one I am building has his name on it. I am very happy with it, without changing anything. If I decide to sell these, (depending on how many people are interested)then I may make just the subframe and the steering, and you buy your own a-arms, spindles, shocks, etc. Or, I may make a complete kit. Let me know if there is any interest. I tried to post a short video that we took today, but it won't load. If you pm me with your email address, than I can send it to you. It is loaded in Quicktime format.

9. Collapse Details
    Congratulations!

10. Collapse Details
    I finally got a video up on my website. Home

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast