Thread: fl250 odessy

1. Collapse Details
    fl250 odessy
    Angry
    Hi all ive got an odessy been in the shed for years , I started it up and fourth pull it went, raced around the farm and noticed it was very loud, but going very well. I took it to the shed and noticed the manifold off the head to exhaust missing the 4 bolts so put new gasket new bolts new spring now exhaust is sweet. Cleaned carby out with air compressor jets etc. Hook it up replaced fuel lines to due to a few cracks but no leaks. Its got 126 psi compression new spark plug etc, started 1st pull took for a ride and it was so much quieter but was very sluggish off the start , top speed not as quick compared to exhaust half hanging off , ive tried cleaning carby again and again still sluggish and top speed not to good . Any ideas to what could be the silly problem with the honda ive tried all ? Little help please

2. Collapse Details
    Re: fl250 odessy
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    Welcome to the site.

Make sure the muffler and/or expansion chamber isn't a mouse house. They love putting stuff inside the exhaust systems and plugging them up for you.

3. Collapse Details
    Ill get the compessor on to it , can you remove all the stuff inside the exhaust , by looking up the end with a lamp you can see like a fan object welded in the end? Is that to quiet it down? Can you remove it

4. Collapse Details
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    Yea, that little fan thingy is supposed to be a sound suppressor (ha ha that it is..). You may be able to remove the core if there are rivets on the end of the muffler - would give you a chance to repack it too. I don't know how deep you want to get into tearing things apart - that's up to you.

Being that I'm not really familiar with the 250, I don't know, but can you remove the muffler from the expansion chamber? If so, pull the two apart and then blow air though them. I'd blow air from the outlet end of the muffler and in the case of the expansion chamber, it's not going to matter - it's just a hollow chamber. Heck, you could stick the garden hose on the expansion chamber and flush out Mickey Mouse if needed.

Check your intake area too - they love making a bed out of the air filter.