Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Doug Heim's Wreck
    Please visit the classifieds section to view items I have available for purchase. I also run a fully equipped machine shop to suit any builder's needs.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Doug Heim's Wreck
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    Man that looked like fun right up to the point of impact. *Killer speed, nice and smooth

I didn't look like you were close to anything, but I'm guessing you hit the tree with the nerf bar or was it front end? *(I watched w/o audio, so I couldn't hear what was going on)
    Sand is for fast cars
    Dirt is for fast drivers

Yellow Dog Racing

3. Collapse Details
    LMAO, oh my God man, I don't mean to laugh, but the music kicks in, the motor fires up (sounding effin awesome) and then the thing takes off. *I knew a wreck was coming, but I was getting all pumped up with the music and the motor and was expecting some good riding before the wreck, at least a little run, but 19 seconds from start to finish, on a trail!, lol. *It's like a girl getting you all in the mood, she's taking off her cloths, has you half naked, is whispering sweet nothing into your ear, than BAM!, she gets up and says "I gotta go, see ya later".....

I think it would be funny to have everything the way it is in the video, then when you get into the wreck, have the sound of a record needle scratching across a record and then no more music while you guys talk about what happened after, I think that would be funny as hell....
    www.SinisterSandSports.com
    918-521-3736
    Yes, i'm on facebook clicky clicky.................

4. Collapse Details
    Damn tree always win, been there with the st2, it look like your nerf bar took most of the hit and save you more trouble.
    You look like to be fine that's what matter.
    "Anything is possible, it's just matter of Time, Money "
    "Always think out of the box"

5. Collapse Details
    oops

6. Collapse Details
    I can't believe you hit that log. It almost looks like the cars are a little to wide for those trails. From the camera view it looks like you were driving in the middle of the road.

7. Collapse Details
    Tree's have been known to jump out in front of you.....I know....I fly R/C planes and have had a few "jump" right in front of me!

Damage doesn't look to bad for the speed you where going....just a reflection of your strong build....could have been a lot worse...you could have been hurt....the buggy is easy to fix....your body...not so much!

8. Collapse Details
    Yoshi I am working on a full length video. I wanted to get the wreck out due to all the discussion on other forums and othe threads... More to come!

the rebuild will not be so bad. I figure $300 tops. I plan on making some improvments in the meantime on the spindles and nerfbars. I will also make a set of front A-arms from round tube.
    Please visit the classifieds section to view items I have available for purchase. I also run a fully equipped machine shop to suit any builder's needs.

9. Collapse Details
    What will you do different with the nerf bars? they did as intended correct? The frame did not see any damage as the nerfs absorbed it all?

10. Collapse Details
    The nerfs were great in the sence that they did what they were intended to. Since I have to make the right side I will make the left to match the new right because the left was slightly damaged last year (I could only notice it) and the fact that I forgot a weld when my powder coater had it so he welded it and I thought it looked kinda shitty. I will make the nerfs out of 1.25 OD DOM with a .090 wall. That is bigger from the 1.062 O.D. Pipe I used previously. Other improvments will be new front A-arms from .75 O.D. DOM vurses the .75 square. Rxpo did this and I like the round tube better! I will also make the spindle arms double shear vurses the single shear. I was always having problems with tweaking my Spindle arms during hard riding. I will also add a chromolly rod end with misalignment spacers for the tierod. I am debating beadlocks for the rear rims as well. That will be about $500 though so that can come later.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast