Thread: Hit it Harder?

1. Collapse Details
    Hit it Harder?
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    This is from my good friend Steve, who lives in Florida. The guys that made the ride this year know who I'm talking about.

---------------------

How D

Been meaning to call or something, but things have been a little weird - probably most of the trouble is in my set.

Anyway, stories. Hmm, 3 weeks ago I found a pit at Croom, I hadn't seen in 10 years. Found a hill with a tree cross root at the top. Ran up the side of a little vein of dirt that was higher than the surrounding erosion, cleared the root and brake stalled - right at the top.

Next weekend, had more of an audience and I was the only stunt show they could afford, so I cleared away the vines and stuff to make a better approach, oh yeah lots of power, went up that vein a whole gear higher.

Not sure what happened but it was like the ground monster grabbed my front wheel whilst us all (bike and me) proceeded above and beyond.

Due to the previous weeks slow success, I had kind of forgotten about the apple bowl (skiing term) of doom just past the root at the top.
    Apparently that is where my wheel imposed it's newfound speed into the ground monster.
    There was a lot of popping noises in my neck and upper back as my bike proceeded to introduce me into the dirt.

No-one could see me at that point and my helmet scratched up the bridge of my nose, (I had just given Doug my glasses to hold for my pleasure)
    Yeah he had a few comments like "good thing you gave these to me right before your face plowed into the dirt"

Who else think this way? "last time was just about right, so if I hit it a whole gear higher it should be even better, right?".
    "One girl asked her Father's friend, would my Dad have gone up that?" I think he muffled the answer to save my pride.

Anyway - I now have an inversion table and a Chiro bill. I am optimistic for the future.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Hit it Harder?
    More horsepower and more speed the answer to life

3. Collapse Details
    Re: Hit it Harder?
    AH thats funny , i can hear him telling it now , he cracked me up on the trip .
    Talon's YouTube Channel

Adapt what is usefull , reject what is useless and add what is your own.........Bruce Lee