1. Collapse Details
    Desert Karts Panther
    Hello All, New to the mini buggy scene but I am liking it so far. I ordered plans for a desert karts panther and after reviewing them everything looks good design wise but the reccommended tubing size has me concered. The plans reccommend 1"x.095 tubing for the chassis. Is this ok or do I need to step up to a larger size tubing. The buggy will be powered by a 01 ninja 600 motor. I will highly doubt that I will ever see any major jumps. Please Let me know....

Also if I do have to upgrade tubing size what should I upgrade to and the plans call for 3" radius dies on the tubing bender but you cannot get that radius on lager tubing sizes...Recommendations???

The tubing will all be DOM tubing...Thanks....Justin

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Desert Karts Panther
    1.25 on 4" but you will have to rcongigure all the dimensions if doin so... or most anyway...

3. Collapse Details
    Justin,

If you look at my build thread:

https://www.minibuggy.net/modules.php?na ... opic&t=890

You'll see I'm building a Panther with 1 1/4" x .095 DOM. *I'm using a JD2 Model 3 Bender with a 1 1/4" 4.5" CLR die.

Like Bug said, you'll have to change some dimensions if using 1 1/4" tubing, but I am not following the drawings to a "t", so I can offer no advice. *I raised my roofline 3" (for head room) and my bearing carrier sits back a couple inches farther (due to engine size/placement), which will lengthen my rear arms a touch.

Kasey

4. Collapse Details
    Hey gixxersixr
    I have built a desert karts panther getting closer to getting it done if I was to do it again I would go with 1.25” tubing I think it looks better I think the 1 “by .095 is strong enough though.
    I do not think any of the bends on the panther is that important that you can’t make with a bigger die?
    One thing you might want to change is the front end is wider then the back it may be the offset of the wheels I used but I have talked to other panther owners and they said the same.
    I made the front a arms and the rear trailing arms to plans also like buildstoys said you might want to raise the roof line a few inches.