Thread: Few Questions.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Few Questions.
    Ok, first off if this is the wrong place I apologize and could it be moved to the correct place. Anyway i have a few questions after reading through the forums for the last week. I been wanting to start a buggy build for awhile and lately had the motivation to start doing the research and saving funds, but before I jump right in there is a few things I'd like to ask.
    1. is there some plans out there of a 55" wide 2 seater buggy that has good clearance. 2. The Toe how do you adjust that on these it looks as if its welded and would need a new bracket to be made just to adjust it. And 3. Where could I get a engine that wouldn't break the bank yet be able to get me up to 60mph+ and still be a good mudder.

Thanks, Chris

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Few Questions.
    Not that I know of. Heims should adjust the tow. Polaris 400 can be had for cheap as can many other quads

3. Collapse Details
    Welcome to the site.

West Virginia. Lotsa hills mostly wooded trails? I aint been there in over 20 plus years.
    Terrain makes a differance.

You want to shift while you drive or just gas and go? I am guessing there are not a lot of sleds in that area but I may be wrong?

Buggy Plans, Go Kart Plans, Two Seater, Suspension Kart, Buggy Kits, Kart Kits, Buggy Parts, Kart Parts.

Buggy Plans, Go Kart Plans, Two Seater, Suspension Kart, Buggy Kits, Kart Kits, Buggy Parts, Kart Parts.

But its 58.5 wide. But its a good one if you can deal with that or is 55 wide the legal trail limit in your state?
    Now that NOBAMA has PROVEN he is the absolute WORST president in the history of history Jimmy Carter can thank him for stealing the dunce crown.

Lets hope the next guy repeals NObama care along with the rest of the stupid crap this blight on our windshield has done.

4. Collapse Details
    Also for toe are asking about the front toe in or the rear tires toe??

Both can be made to be adjsutable or fixed. Rear is often fixed but front is normally usually easily adjustable.
    Now that NOBAMA has PROVEN he is the absolute WORST president in the history of history Jimmy Carter can thank him for stealing the dunce crown.

Lets hope the next guy repeals NObama care along with the rest of the stupid crap this blight on our windshield has done.

5. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the reply's guys and 58" I think will be ok. Its not a regulation its just prefrence cause around here we have some tight trails and my uncles RZR fits through with a few inches to spare.

I was referring to the front toe.

As for the gears, yea id like to have a 5 speed for low gears when I'm doing some mudding and high gears for when I want to open it up on the strips( Striped mountain tops ).

A 400 Isn't that a little small? I may be wrong but I was thinking like 800 for speeds up to 60+ with a 1500lb Utv.

6. Collapse Details
    Some 400cc might do it but would have to be a good engine.

Whats your budget and how much time do you want to spend before riding time?

Might be a good build for you and some people change to buying a good used razor.

7. Collapse Details
    Ok, so after ALOT more researching I actually fell dumb about my questions before but you live and learn I guess. I think I have a Idea of what I want, just want to tweek it a bit and make it somewhat bullet proof. I have really taken a liking to the st3 from badlands and the busa(stay around MBN awhile and u get busa fever it seams ). I have read that the badlands frames are not the strongest so I can add some more bracing to handle the busa. My main concern is the IRS, so my question is.

Whats a Diff that can be use to fit the st3 without much change and have it selectively lockable. I will need to ride this through the town to get to the trail and even in some tight places it might help, but I need it to be lockable for mudding and getting unstuck.

The plan is to build somewhat around the diff like the cv's and hubs.

Edit: It might help if I add that im looking for a diff to get from the scrap yard, as I don't have the $$ for a pro-diff.

Thanks in Advanced Chris L.
    Last edited by Grandreaper; 07-01-2012 at 01:04 AM. Reason: info

8. Collapse Details
    If you were talking a 400 4 stroke, then yea there small. My 400 does about 70hp and is only bout half the hp to be had with bolt on's. In fact you would have to strap a 5k turbo to your rzr to have any hope of out running me.

But I did'nt suggest it cause it's a beast. I suggested it cause you were talking about making an atv sized machine that wont weight much more than a atv. And you wanted cheap. Cheap is realative to each wallet so I go right to the 500 dollar power plant. Granted they are only 35hp stock and it took a little money to double that. hahahaha.

If I was making a st2 I would deff find a bigger engine as it's a bigger machine. But I would still recomend an atv engine for reverse. Or a sled engine. Also many non shifters have hi/low and even super low gears in auto trans. But if a cvt is set up to the power band of the engine, it's always in the right gear. My next one will likely be sled over a bike as the reverse for a bike is in the 2k+ and you can often get a quad or sled for that price, part it out, and bring back some cash

9. Collapse Details
    How much money s not much money? Your looking at round 2k+ for a busa and 2k for a diff to hold a busa. Or you got some machine work and figuring how to MAKE another diff work. Like subaru or honda diff.

So were at 4k and aint got a hub, axle, or a piece of tube. Now for less than 4k you can buy a polaris sportsman 800 or arctic cat or any number of 700cc+ quuads that have engine, electrics, pipe, front and rear diff, front and rear axles, and if you want narrow, hell they have the whole suspension

10. Collapse Details
    Talking
    Thanks for the replies.

As for a budget well 4-5k is kinda my budget and My power plant might be a gsxr 1000 whichever someone wrecks first and can get for a decent price. And was hoping to use a subaru diff or similar to what busandrail did. https://www.minibuggy.net/forum/drive...ial-setup.html

Except I would keep the lsd and not worry about using braking to turn.

Thanks in advanced Chris L.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast