1. Collapse Details
    badland st3 material list???
    Just wondering if anyone has the material list "raw steel" for the st3 buggy. I know its in the plans. But i want to check prices on the material before i buy plans. I may decide to go diff route if material is too much. Thanks for any help guys. Btw im a noob

2. Collapse Details
    Re: badland st3 material list???
    Hi there hotrod, i am currently building a Piranha and have found the cost of steel to be negligible compared to the cost for the rest of the parts. Even for a cheap bike motor expect to pay more than you will for steel. I don't own the ST3 plans myself so i cant tell you the exact raw material specification.

Twigster.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Twigster View Post
    Hi there hotrod, i am currently building a Piranha and have found the cost of steel to be negligible compared to the cost for the rest of the parts. Even for a cheap bike motor expect to pay more than you will for steel. I don't own the ST3 plans myself so i cant tell you the exact raw material specification.

Twigster.
    That may help. I need to know how much of each piece i will need. And what thicknesses.[smi

4. Collapse Details
    i hear you hotrod. I too have been looking for that info for planning purposes. I read somewhere it was 1.5" material so i purchased that die for the bender. Hopefully not money wasted.

While I have read it is about $300 in steel, it would be nice to know exactly how much so i can tell the wicked witch of the east (wife) how much of her money i need (its all her money somehow).

I may have read that figure on badlands site i think.

5. Collapse Details
    you could try contacting badland buggys themselves may be more polite?

6. Collapse Details
    Im building the ST3. I can go see if i can find what it cost me for the steel. but it wasnt that much the steel is the cheap part. the frame is 1.5 square and the rest is 1" sched 40 pipe. Hope you didnt buy the die for 1.5" tube or pipe???? I want to say cost was somewhere in the 300$ mark just for the basic frame. You also need to consider mistakes and other things if you change any of the design etc. so i would but some extra. I am making all my own brackets etc. I bought 1/4" plate steel 8" x 10' that was expensive like 80 bucks just for that. I will see if i can find my receipts.