Re: Tube bending article
    Try making your own bender I did. GotTrikes.com

2. Collapse Details
    Great article ... thanks

3. Collapse Details
    very cool... thanks for sharing.
    Lots of info and a very nice bender too.

4. Collapse Details
    That is the exact article I used. readit a couple of times and do the math in the article and have an excellent comprehinsion about it before you start. You're gonna scrap tubes. Don't get upset. Buy extra tube. You can always use it. When I scrap a tube I go have a beer and sit in the house for a while and relax. Then I go back out there and try it agian. Dont take short cuts even if it means redoing something that takes all day. End product will reward you. That's what I keep telling myself anyways. Im along way from done.

Excellent post.
    Glock n Ballz
    Ft. Worth, Tx

5. Collapse Details
    here is the gottriks bender i built works great
    http://
    very cost effective since basically same bender with out dies is going for 799 on ebay dies are another 300 i have just over 400 in this the husky magnetic digital angle finder you see was 39.99 at home depot will bend to 10th of deg, better than any deg wheel! Some place i have a web site that makes bending so much easier than all the math route(which is not bad to have either) but takes alot of guess work out of bending basic bends i will go look for it

6. Collapse Details
    Here is the link i was talking about. made my life easy. and always mark your pipe start bend and i also marked pipe on finish of bend too made later math easier
    http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/bendin_tube/index.html

7. Collapse Details
    For the cheap benders that don't bend well without crinkling the tube, I have been taught and used the method of sand. Sealing one end of the tube, hang it off my deck, and fill it with sand, and pack it tight then seal the other end, the bend. then clean it out, anyone else do this?

8. Collapse Details
    yes have heard that and for tube under 1" i have seen bending springs to put in inside tube but thats alot of work building the bender from got trikes is simple cost effective and works good enough for the home builder the same bender(few changes but basically same) is selling for 799 with out dies on ebay i have just over 400 including price of die and that with all new tubes etc can be built alot cheaper if someone has the pipe already. the shafts i have i had a guy at work cut them out of some crome shaft used in industrial apps. but could get away with some thing little less. The most cost is buying different dies. My 1" pipe die is 300 shipped to house. others are around 279 depending on radius etc. but normally around 270-300$ mark if i was smart i would built it wider to accept up to 2-21/2" dies and make truck tube bumpers. the help pay for some of the buggy expense etc.

9. Collapse Details
    That thing is for bending aluminum conduit only not for bending pipe, it's worthless

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by tomattnt View Post
    That thing is for bending aluminum conduit only not for bending pipe, it's worthless
    Which "thing" are you refferring too? There are different ones in each post above and was not sure which you meant?
    Now that NOBAMA has PROVEN he is the absolute WORST president in the history of history Jimmy Carter can thank him for stealing the dunce crown.

Lets hope the next guy repeals NObama care along with the rest of the stupid crap this blight on our windshield has done.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast