Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Best dunes in central US
    Spec,Luke and myself just got back from Syracuse Sand Park in Syracuse,KS. *THey just opened this 4th of July and IMO they are now the best kept secret in the US. THe dunes offer sand and desert terrain all in one location. Full size buggies have room to "let er rip" and the quad/bike riders will be delighted! Much better than Little Sahara,Oklahoma. *I can't speak highly enough about the poeple or the dunes.Give them a try!!!!

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Best dunes in central US
    Are these the same place?

http://www.syracusesandpark.com/

and

http://www.syracusesanddunes.com/index.htm

EDIT: Nevermind, both sites are for the same place.

Also, http://www.duneguide.com/sand_dune_guide_syracuse.htm

[url=http://www.wunderground.com/US/KS/Syracuse.html?bannertypeclick=infobox:1s3v027f][/url:1s3v027f]
    Currently on a two year walkabout

3. Collapse Details
    That would be them.I know they don't compare to Glamis and such but for this part of the US they will be very hard to beat.

4. Collapse Details
    I think the towns around Glamis should take a note from Syracuse's page. Syracuse is looking forward to evil off-roaders spending money in their town. Off-road friendly town with their own sand park. Sounds like a winner to me.
    Currently on a two year walkabout

5. Collapse Details
    The place has a lot of potential.They have an option to get another parcel of land that will add approx .another 50% area.That would be 2000 acres.Compared to the BIG dune areas that may not be much but for central US it can't be beat! Not much of a town but the people are fantastic to deal with!

6. Collapse Details
    Yup,
    the park is awesome ...Even tho my hunk of shit sat on the trailer all week end and my poor ol' hunk of crap jeep was the one getting used...I will say that CVT'S in the sand suck big time effin' poo...
    especially when you drive accidenty into a witches eye [smilie=banghead.gif] The people of SYRACUSE have gotten the people from WYNOKA beat all to hell as far as helpfull courteous and friendly... REALLY NICE PEOPLE...Got some pix. but not all came out camera got bounced atound in the floor pan of my buggy

7. Collapse Details
    Here's some pix

8. Collapse Details
    More pix

9. Collapse Details
    This is how my wootering wooter hole hunk of wooter spent most of week end...effen cluthcing, broken parts...guess I should't have launched it so hard and landed on a flat road [smilie=smackbottom.gif] *Hey, I can spell wooter (that's just for you rusty), Gotta bail will post more pix when I get some time

10. Collapse Details
    lol,..that last pic of luke knealing down beside his front rim, I believe he was talking to me on the phone right then, he said he was beating the hub on the front wheel...
    www.SinisterSandSports.com
    918-521-3736
    Yes, i'm on facebook clicky clicky.................

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast