1. Collapse Details
    Line Mtn. 7-miler
    Sept. 19 is getting awfully close! ....
    2015 7 Miler

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Line Mtn. 7-miler
    The "Thai-ger" will be running by then, but it hasn't even been on it's maiden voyage yet and already knowing of several short comings, don't think it will be up to the task for even trying. Axle plunge is excessive and with my sloppy 6 spline PTO's, torque binding is a real likelihood. I just got Protodie's axles and hubs, but they won't be going in until I make longer, wider arms with all heims. We'll see.
    Now, the Quad IS runnable as is, but with it being near impossible for me to hold back from giving 100%, hanging off the side for 7 miles will probably be to much for my back. Also, no rollbar might be to much for my head. HA But that I might do. We shall also see. At least I finally bought a real full face hat.
    I'll be coming out no matter what, with my son and his friend...and a beer.

3. Collapse Details
    It's called the 7 miler, they name them by 1-lap distance, ya gotta do two! last year the 3.5 miler was five laps ... Just take it at cruising pace and you'll finish in a pretty good position. There's still a few nutz running 3 wheelers, including an old honda ATC front suspension only deal.
    I'll pm you with some contact info, if you roll up, i can give you the back-way route that cuts out a lot of little coal towns and lights.

4. Collapse Details
    the 1 and only time I rode a 3 wheeler, I launched it lopsided, it stayed lopsided til I landed, then it bounced the piss out of me side to side. lol almost lost it. I'll take you up on that insider info and appreciate it. I'll let you know when it gets closer.

5. Collapse Details
    Racer X, you got it together? So to speak.

6. Collapse Details
    Mr. Bird, I don't think I am going to make it. Both kids and future Son-in-Law with college and SAT's, they can't make it, so I would have to come alone and it's every bit of a 4.5 hr drive for me. Trailers not ready and can't take the quad off/on my truck myself. ( bet I used to) So it doesn't look good for me. . The good news is the weather is cooling off and I'll be putting
    a lot more time on my buggy.
    Has anyone else on MBN ever gone that you know of?

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by pigsnot View Post
    Mr. Bird, I don't think I am going to make it. Both kids and future Son-in-Law with college and SAT's, they can't make it, so I would have to come alone and it's every bit of a 4.5 hr drive for me. Trailers not ready and can't take the quad off/on my truck myself. ( bet I used to) So it doesn't look good for me. . The good news is the weather is cooling off and I'll be putting
    a lot more time on my buggy.
    Has anyone else on MBN ever gone that you know of?

Not that i'm aware of. Couple guys from the suzuki central site have run there. Quite a few of the truck/jeep/vw buggy racers are on pirate 4x4. Even if you don't race it, it's a good time and plenty of action to watch from anywhere along 8 miles of the course through the woods.

As far as having it together? typical deal. Top end was getting noisy and needed TLC after running out of coolant 2 races in a row. That turned into pulling the head, valve shim job, new timing chain, guide and conversion to manual chain tensioner. Finally got all the little bits and got it back together, then the cassettes for the jackshaft bearings turned into an issue with room for the sprockets since they're a lot wider and moved the bearings out further on the shaft than the flangettes.

Also had to replace the rad and fan and make new mounts for it. got that done a few weeks ago, then everything sat because of work.

Installed and pulled the engine/rear cradle FIVE times last week 'til I got it sorted, aligned the sprockets and locked them down yesterday.

I've been modding the LTZ front and rear fenders to fit, making the rears into splash guards to prevent flooding the airbox again. Swamped it last race and barely got it running again. A lot of fine silt/mud went through the K&N lid. Box had about 1/8th inch deep layer in the bottom. I could plug in the wiring, put in the fluids and run it pretty quickly, but i need to pull the subframe for paint after i make the splash guard mounts, so test rides won't be happening until late tomorrow or midweek ....

Less than a week to go ...

8. Collapse Details
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?t=355&v=FaNIOy9heMI

45th anniversary race this weekend. Pretty cool to see everyone's daily drivers from back in the day, being in coal country during those years, not a lot of new iron ...
    Last edited by Xbird; 09-15-2015 at 03:45 AM.

9. Collapse Details
    Maybe double check that link..... progressive rock, krokadil? Pretty good though actually.
    Last edited by pigsnot; 09-14-2015 at 07:25 PM. Reason: edit

10. Collapse Details
    Kind of strange on the link, it picks up all the vid preferences that pop up after the video is over. It looks like it was posted through an old high school acquaintance's business youtube account, OK 4wd. Can't get it to link any other way.