Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    NEW DESERT SERIES OCTOBER 23.... THIS IS NOT A TEST (well not totally)
    FORMULA DESERT LITES is looking for a few good men and women to come out and give us feedback while logging some desert racing miles in the Alta Vista Events SUPERCOURSE series. The next event is OCTOBER 23 in California City. I went out with Lou Peralta aka Lucho and had a jeep ride checking out this truly perfect area to race. It is two fifty mile laps of some awesome desert terrain, its a mixture of whooped out sections, fast smooth roads, hills, washes and just enough rocky sections to keep you honest. Lucho is not your average promoter, he cares what we think, and wants to lay out the courses to fit us. Trust me promoters like Lucho are few and far between. Thats why we are going about this in this way, we want to make the series next year be something special. Just Like FORMULA DESERT LITES wants your input on the rules, ALTA VISTA EVENTS wants your input on the courses and we want you to leave here happy with your experience racing time after time. UTV's have raced this series in the past, but this will be the first time under the FDL rules and tech. I am looking for up to five vehicles from each of the classes to commit to this next event and the December race, by doing it in this way we are insuring a truly memorable series next year. In addition to the FDL classes I have posted rough draft rules on, we are planning on having an ecotec class. I will be performing pre race tech on the vehicles, if you would like to have your tech done prior to the event just in case something needs to be handled, you can contact me and we can set that up. I need to hear from interested racers asap so we can start putting the list of teams that will have a say in this new series. Now is the time for all of you who have said they wanted a series for minibuggies, you have your chance, don't let it pass you by!

CONTACT INFO
    Todd Pride
    FORMULA DESERT LITES
    (951)551-0710

2. Collapse Details
    Re: NEW DESERT SERIES OCTOBER 23.... THIS IS NOT A TEST (well not totally)
    The format for the October 23 event has been changed from two fifty mile loops, to three 30 mile loops. This decision was based on giving the first time racers crews easier access to the course in case of breakdowns etc.

Also the entry fees have been posted. $100.00 entry fee $25.00 IRC tracker.

3. Collapse Details
    Here is the entry form and tentative course map.

4. Collapse Details
    RACE FLYER!! If people get the entry in by check or credit card by October 14th you will get 10% off the entry making it $90 !!!! You will still need to rent your IRC tracker for $25 or purchase it for $100.
    Last edited by pride_in_motion; 10-12-2010 at 07:02 PM.

5. Collapse Details
    This is an UPDATE from Lucho...Friday Registration and Check-in for the SuperCourse #5 has been moved from CHUCK’S PIZZA to the FACTORY PIZZA store (same store that we have had for years.) The times also remain the same. Registration/Check-in opens FRIDAY (10/22) at the Pizza Factory from 6 p.m. until 9 p.m.

6. Collapse Details
    Think I could get some directions?
    From those of us that have never been... Coming up the Cajon Pass on the 15 North... which way should we go and how do we get there?

Thanks and we will see you there Sat. morning.

7. Collapse Details
    1. Take Hwy 395 north to Four Corners (Kramer Junction). Hwy 58
    2. Turn left on Hwy 58 for about 23 miles to the California City turnoff.
    3. You can only turn right off Hwy 58
    4. Go about 8 miles to California City Blvd, first stop sign since Hwy 58. Turn right (golf course across to the left)
    5. Turn RIGHT (that's California City Blvd, which turns into Proctor).
    6. Go 3.2 miles on the dirt road to 138th & Proctor. That's the start/finish. Only area that has been cleared.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by TutTech View Post
    Think I could get some directions?
    From those of us that have never been... Coming up the Cajon Pass on the 15 North... which way should we go and how do we get there?

Thanks and we will see you there Sat. morning.
    tut, are you coming out on saturday?

i'm planning on racing.

who else is coming out to race?

9. Collapse Details
    This is from LUCHO

$$$ MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT re; SUPER-C #5 in Cal City!!!

For this upcoming event, we are not requiring the use of the IRC Tracking units for SuperCourse #5. The units that were assigned to us for our event this weekend, have not yet been returned to IRC to be reprogrammed. As a result of this late date, we will not have them here in time for Saturday’s event. Therefore you are not required to rent the IRC unit for this event only.

Our last event of the 2010 Series (Dec 18) we will require the use of the IRC unit.

NOTE:

1. For those of you who may have paid in advance, IRC will either give you credit or reimburse the $25.00.

2. For those of you who reserved units with IRC, they will not charge your account.

3. For those of you who were thinking of manking the event, but that extra $25.00 was the deal-breaker, maybe you’ll like to try this one to see how you like it. I know we’ll hook you8 into the series.

4. We wattered the 30-mile course for the last two days (at great expense…hahahaha!), so the 30-mile loop is going to be incredible.

5. Pre-running will open as scheduled Friday, from Noon until 5 p.m. (You cannot pre-run any time prior to or after those hours.

6. Remember, first-time ever racers with Alta Vista Events (AVE) get a $10.00 discount off your entry!

7. FRIDAY REGISTRATION/CHECK-IN will be at the PIZZAA FACTORY (Cal City Blvd.) between 6 p.m. and 9 p.m.

8. Race day regtistration opens Saturday, October 23rd between 7 a.m. and 9 a.m. There is a “late” fee for signing up on race day.

9. Rider’s meeting at 9 a.m.

10. Start 10 a.m. each vehicle leaving every 10 seconds.

WARNING & REQUEST:

Please stay on the marked course at all times. You know that it’s absolutely essential that you do not cut the course or go somewhere where you are not supposed to (we’ll have extra checkpoints). The reason we initiated the IRC Tracking is because we can protect ourselves and our deserts from being closed. Can’t tell you how many times we have been asked to show details for each racer staying on the marked course and we’ve been able to do so, thus enabling us to continue putting events here in Cal City. Basically, it is protecting our rights to our desert.

WHAT’S THE EVENT YU ASK? : SuperCourse #5, California City, Saturday, October 23, starting at 10 a.m. – 3-30 mile laps. Go to this link for additional details and to download entry and other good stuff: Alta Vista Events Super Course #5

HOPE TO SEE MANY OF YOU THIS WEEKEND.

AVE

10. Collapse Details
    Pride, thanks for the info, directions and update.. very cool.

Xmotorcr,
    Yes I am going to be there.
    No I am not racing car is only in the frame and minor suspension stages. I wish I had both more time and money to speed up the build and start racing.. but it will be next year. dang...

Very cool I look forward to watching you race and our you running a new 2 seater or your single seater??

With the rain we have had the track should be awesome couldn't probably ask for anything better as the weather is supposed to be just at 80 and no rain.. wow awesome.

I am just coming to meet and greet with everyone and show my support and interest in racing my mini buggy to let AVE know there are more like us that want to race and hopefully soon will.

My wife and a couple of our friends are coming also so we will see you guys Sat.

Im totally jealous and wish I could be out there racing with you. Well good luck and I will watch you have a blast why I drool at the fun you will be having and wish I could be racing with ya...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast