Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: 1st Protolite Rebuild
    Proto die, Your buggy looks awesome!!! Where are you racing in MI. I would like to come out and trade some paint with you guys, can you send me some info on the track or tracks your racing at, or you could come to minnesota and play on the ice or 1/4 and 1/8 oval with us..(If doc clears my arms to drive) Any way just wanted to say nice ride... Hope to be posting the next build soon...

2. Collapse Details
    Protodie Master and Vendor ProtoDie's Avatar
    renegade,
    The main track we race at is in Clarksville MI. It is close to Lansing. During the summer, racing is every other weekend on Sundays.
    If we can get more cars together, we can race at some 1/4 mile dirt tracks,,,, Friday night lights.
    Ice racing sounds fun, never did it. *It would be abit of a drive, but let me know if any major race events come up this winter. Who knows, mabe we would make a road trip.

3. Collapse Details
    Rorty,
    I miss understood on the rear tube. I htought you meant double bearing retainers.
    Double tubes is for looks and some added strength. We may tend to over build, cause we over abuse

4. Collapse Details
    1/4 mile circles dont sound much fun without a minisprint, have been looking at them pretty close, at the hyper page, shit you can buy a turn key for 13k....also we need a track with some jumps in it..

also car looks good, are you building it identical or changing suspension design etc? im half tempted to buy that busa motor from the guy you just got the 600 from...f it go big or go home right....

5. Collapse Details
    Bug * Get a car running and then make changes. *You will never git er done if you keep changing your mind on what you want. *[smilie=ext_beer2.gif]

6. Collapse Details
    [smilie=bs_offtopic.gif]
    this is a roundy round car, we need jumps and bumps...

7. Collapse Details
    This car will be the same, only it will have 930's. The added usable angle of 930's will let us use more settings on the rear shock mount to raise up the rear end clearance for jumps, and still drop it down for flat tracks.

Bug, don't you think you need to finish your car and do some wheel to wheel racing before you decide flat tracks are not fun??

If you set your car up right, you can run both and then decide.

The mini sprints are cool, but you are limited to just flat race tracks. They also run 600 motors (alchohol though). *I would like to run with the mini sprints at I96 speedway just for fun, if they did not mind. *I know they are designed and better setup for flat racing, but it would still be fun.

I would also finish your car before switching motors,,,,that can always be done later. *I think the busa motor may be too much for short close course racing such as Bob's. * * *Good for the dunes though.

8. Collapse Details
    ive been working on it, just not posting pictures much, after i heard it run , got a little ambition back, ill have it ready for sure, after christmas shocks and a few other goods will be here....

9. Collapse Details
    i think the roundy round be fun, no doubt, but would be funner in that car there.... anyway, you let me push your buttons to easy, you know i said no way on the busa... [smilie=rockout3.gif] anyway cant wait to trade some paint...

10. Collapse Details
    Just wait till bug tells you his BIG secret!!!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast