Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Collapse Details
    Protodie single seat DXT race buggy plans are now available
    #1
    Protodie Master and Vendor ProtoDie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    S.W. Michigan
    Posts
    2,717
    Default
    After many years and many many hours of design time, our single seat DXT race buggy plans are now available for our customers to build themselves. Along with the plans we offer kits and parts to help out and save time.
    These plans will let the home builder ,,, build their own DXT race buggy for race or just play.
    dirt track racing, sand dunes, or asphalt,,,, they are fun and fast.
    I had mine 120mph on a 2 1/2 mile asphalt road course.
    yet a roll cage for safety.
    plans are available for down load and next week we will be adding more kits for these






    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
    Re: Protodie single seat DXT race buggy plans are now available
    #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sonora Ca.
    Posts
    658
    Default
    how much for turnkey?
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
    Re: Protodie single seat DXT race buggy plans are now available
    #3
    Keeper of the Asylum K-fab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    Posts
    10,270
    Default
    Looks good Jodi!

    Congrats on launching the line - I know you've been busy with it for quite a while now.
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
    Re: Protodie single seat DXT race buggy plans are now available
    #4
    Protodie Master and Vendor ProtoDie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    S.W. Michigan
    Posts
    2,717
    Default
    hey Sicksand, turnkey is $21K to $28K
    here is a link to turnkey models
    Complete Buggy Build


    Thanks Kfab!
    yes getting these plans ready for release has been a goal of mine for a long time now.
    real happy to finally have them done


    forgot to add a link to the plans

    Buggy Plans
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
    Re: Protodie single seat DXT race buggy plans are now available
    #5
    The Bob Ross of MBN Bullnerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Cream Ridge ,NJ
    Posts
    8,961
    Default
    "forgot to add a link to the plans"- LOL!

    Congrats!
    "Speed is time-time is speed"-Dennis Hopper

    Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    did you use a special bigfoot camera or something ,you know all blurry could be a tree stump kinda thing .
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
    Re: Protodie single seat DXT race buggy plans are now available
    #6
    Default
    Congratulations Protodie! I know that has been a goal of yours for a while. Hope to see a lot more kits in process soon.
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
    Re: Protodie single seat DXT race buggy plans are now available
    #7
    Vendor yoshi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Broken Arrow Oklahoma
    Posts
    7,227
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by ProtoDie View Post
    hey Sicksand, turnkey is $21K to $28K
    here is a link to turnkey models
    Complete Buggy Build


    Thanks Kfab!
    yes getting these plans ready for release has been a goal of mine for a long time now.
    real happy to finally have them done


    forgot to add a link to the plans

    Buggy Plans
    I don't know why you sell that stuff so cheap. Not that I ever see myself offering plans, but I would charge at least $500. It's not like there are any options out there for a decent design, and for what the people have to spend to actually complete a rail of your caliber, $300 extra bucks isn't gonna break them. It seems like most people buy a couple sets of plans anyway and try to combine them to make a better product.

    Even IF it cost you 1/2 to 2/3 your sales you would still make more money.
    www.SinisterSandSports.com
    918-521-3736
    Yes, i'm on facebook clicky clicky.................

    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
    Re: Protodie single seat DXT race buggy plans are now available
    #8
    Millenium Member plkracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Monroe Wa
    Posts
    3,595
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshi View Post
    I don't know why you sell that stuff so cheap. Not that I ever see myself offering plans, but I would charge at least $500. It's not like there are any options out there for a decent design, and for what the people have to spend to actually complete a rail of your caliber, $300 extra bucks isn't gonna break them. It seems like most people buy a couple sets of plans anyway and try to combine them to make a better product.

    Even IF it cost you 1/2 to 2/3 your sales you would still make more money.
    He might sell more plans at that price point rather than $500. Many people already see $200 as a large expense, even though it is minor in comparison to the total cost. I was disappointed in many $50 dollar sets of plans at first, but I bought them because they were cheap. In the end, hindsight is 20/20, and I should have bought a quality set of plans for the same as I spent on 3 cheap sets.

    It is better to stay competitive with the cost, rather than relying on the consumer doing research on the forum.

    I bet that only 1/4 to 1/3 of the sets of plans sold are actually made into a running buggy. I see unfinished badlands frames all over craiglist every year, and maybe only a single running buggy.
    Proud owner of a two seat pucker-mobile. Funco inspired mini buggy powered by a Busa. Giving out free rides to anyone brave enough.
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
    Re: Protodie single seat DXT race buggy plans are now available
    #9
    Vendor yoshi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Broken Arrow Oklahoma
    Posts
    7,227
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by plkracer View Post
    He might sell more plans at that price point rather than $500. Many people already see $200 as a large expense, even though it is minor in comparison to the total cost. I was disappointed in many $50 dollar sets of plans at first, but I bought them because they were cheap. In the end, hindsight is 20/20, and I should have bought a quality set of plans for the same as I spent on 3 cheap sets.

    It is better to stay competitive with the cost, rather than relying on the consumer doing research on the forum.

    I bet that only 1/4 to 1/3 of the sets of plans sold are actually made into a running buggy. I see unfinished badlands frames all over craiglist every year, and maybe only a single running buggy.
    Like you said, you would have paid more for one good set of plans, he shouldn't be competing with their price any more than corvette tries to compete with the cost of a Honda civic.
    www.SinisterSandSports.com
    918-521-3736
    Yes, i'm on facebook clicky clicky.................

    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
    Re: Protodie single seat DXT race buggy plans are now available
    #10
    Protodie Master and Vendor ProtoDie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    S.W. Michigan
    Posts
    2,717
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshi View Post
    I don't know why you sell that stuff so cheap. Not that I ever see myself offering plans, but I would charge at least $500. It's not like there are any options out there for a decent design, and for what the people have to spend to actually complete a rail of your caliber, $300 extra bucks isn't gonna break them. It seems like most people buy a couple sets of plans anyway and try to combine them to make a better product.

    Even IF it cost you 1/2 to 2/3 your sales you would still make more money.

    Thanks Yoshi, I do hear you and it is appreciated
    For the amount of time and engineering in them they are pretty cheap.
    our buggies have been built many times and tested in many different conditions from racing to recreation .
    there are many plans being sold out there that were not even built and the customer finds the flaws and has to fix them.
    our plans are $150, but the customer gets a code and saves more than that when they purchase the parts.
    so if they build,,,, our plans are actually free.

    business wise, we hope to make up for the low priced plans with more parts sales.
    and I like to see my buggy designs being built by others all over the world.

    I will be rolling into the MXT buggy plans next. I finally have some really good guys working in the shop and this allows me to finally get back to design and plans for a bit.
    Reply With Quote
     

Similar Threads

  1. Single seat gsxr powered buggy on the home stretch.
    By knowak24 in forum Projects in Progress
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 09-20-2014, 01:07 AM
  2. single seat buggy made out of a trx450r
    By brent in forum Projects in Progress
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-11-2014, 04:26 AM
  3. who to talk to about buggy plans?
    By atvsandcars in forum MiniBuggy.net Lounge!
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-05-2013, 01:23 AM
  4. Single Seat Rhino, Buggy & Body?
    By TutTech in forum Projects in Progress
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 02-29-2012, 09:51 AM
  5. plans for first build single buggy lots of power
    By nicholas pickrel in forum Frame
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-17-2006, 12:18 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •