Thread: No reverse---BS

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    No reverse---BS
    All I can say is no reverse is the absolute worst thing about a mini-rail.I don't care if the car is the best of the best,without a reverse it's a POS.Go on ask me why.(Of course you already know why) [smilie=banghead.gif]

2. Collapse Details
    Re: No reverse---BS
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    Okay, *you wanna explain???
    Just what did you do that ended up needing reverse???

3. Collapse Details
    How far did you have to push it before the trail was wide enough to turn it around? and it was up-hill all the way? [smilie=smackbottom.gif]

4. Collapse Details
    I knew you'd ask that.At the top of the biggest dune at LS a jerk stopped in front of me. You know,2 feet short of the top! Twice!!!!! Next time she(my wife) gets run over!!!We're the only ones there too.1100# buggy,no reverse,no fun! It's time for the gearbox to be on the front burner.

5. Collapse Details
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    So why are you following:
    a) so closely that you can't avoid her when she stops?
    b) directly behind her? *Come one man - that dune's a few hundred yards long, and you were the only ones there - follow off line!

Probably not the response you wanted... *

Reverse is a lovely thing to have! *[smilie=blowkiss.gif] *

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by masterfabr\";p=\"18459
    I knew you'd ask that.At the top of the biggest dune at LS a jerk stopped in front of me. You know,2 feet short of the top! Twice!!!!! Next time she(my wife) gets run over!!!We're the only ones there too.1100# buggy,no reverse,no fun! It's time for the gearbox to be on the front burner.
    lol, that's a bitch man, I have never needed it in the dunes, when my wifes stops in front of me I just plow threw here selfish ass. *It took about 4 or 5 "nudges" and a few broken bones but she finally caught on,lol.

I talked with Luke at Sonic for a few hours last night in one of our weekly, shoot the sh*t and let me run this idea by you conversations.. *I was talking to him about the reverse setup again and how he needs to build one for his rails that I could buy for mine as well. *I told him I would design it and since he has more money than God, he could build it. *I have *4 ideas right now ranging from simple as you can get to a little more elaborate. * I designed a really nice unit last night after I got off the phone. *The reason I came up with it is even though he likes my ideas, he really wants a unit that indexes off the output shaft of the motor so there are no alignment issues. *I came up with a trick, 2 box setup that has one box on the output shaft and the other box on the right of the sprocket. *The beauty of my setup is it's direct drive in forward meaning one chain, 2 sprockets. *Reverse has a couple gears and some chains that runs off the motor as well. *Maybe you should look into something like that for your inspiration. I know you don't wanna loose hp with your box and there's a way to have less hp loss over your current setup AND have reverse off the motor. *You will have to redesign the back of your frame but hey, it's only money, lol...
    www.SinisterSandSports.com
    918-521-3736
    Yes, i'm on facebook clicky clicky.................

7. Collapse Details
    Oh yeah, I can't imagine not having another rail with me in the dunes, thanks to the transworks box, I am paranoid to even leave camp to drive up the street to get a donut. Every time i've had the rail out I would have been stranded without someone else around to pull me back in. *Reverse boxes scare me man, they really do, I can't wait to get a reliable unit in my rail....
    www.SinisterSandSports.com
    918-521-3736
    Yes, i'm on facebook clicky clicky.................

8. Collapse Details
    She turned in front of me and I had no choice. Twice! She's actually quite a good rider and doesn't usually do those things.

9. Collapse Details
    Yoshi, I'm still going to pursue the planetary thing.This chainbox I built is just smooth as glass and IF the planetary I'm looking at can be packaged right it will be compact and durable.It was REAL nice not worrying about breaking.Beat the hell out of it for about 3 hours before the rain.Ran 80+ across the rollers at LS.Never any bottoming out. Do need to do some shock tuning and maybe some change in spring rate but overall I was pleased for a real first time out.

10. Collapse Details
    Reverse is a must-have for trails. *Even for trailering. *I have to back on to get the weight distribution right. *I know I could winch it on but how cool is that?
    Life is good...it's people that suck.

Buggies Present: 2 Rzrs, 1 small CORB
    Buggies Past: Ridge Runner, Edge Sidewinder, Yerfdog

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast