1. Collapse Details
    broke an axle, any upgrade suggestions?
    Having fun in the out at Glamis, broke a yoke on an axle on my EBK busa car, it currently has U joint style axles with a splined center for plunge, broke the inside yoke where it holds the bearing cup. this was on a fairly new axle, the old one is still holding up. my dilemma is that I like to drive hard and I don't want a weak link to be a limiting factor, I know I could drive easy and never have to worry about it but that's not what I want. thinking CVs but there is quite a bit of plunge, ideally the rear suspension should be redone with mid board hubs but I don't want to make that drastic of change, mostly it would be a very time consuming and costly, costly is the biggest setback. So was it a fluke, put a new axle on and never look back or am I going to break another if I keep driving the way I did to bust this one? The car is running great and the next upgrade is either a FNR or turbo, if it cant handle the current power then I'm bummed and will give some thought into selling it and do what? I do have a Honda Pilot, loads of fun and the fun factor went up after this summer with a hart transplant, 670 Skidoo engine.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: broke an axle, any upgrade suggestions?
    Could you upgrade to a bigger/stronger U joint?

3. Collapse Details
    I think I found the problem, I was focused so much on the axle that I was not looking at the joint, it looks to me like it may have been a seal failure on one of the needle cups, one of the legs was pretty much destroyed and burned.
    here's the video of when it let go, please subscribe if you like I'd like to get enough to actually start making money

https://youtu.be/hqhViqy0aU8

4. Collapse Details
    Great video. Looks like you were having a fantastic time.

5. Collapse Details
    I love the dunes and always have a good time, be it on a putter ride or a smoker ride, hanging out at the fire BSing with friends who also get it, it doesn't get any better

well I think the failure happened because the seal on the u joint failed, then the bearing cup and then, my weekend was over for that machine, here is a link to a thread on the pilot oddy site with a picture of the damaged end, it's amazing it got to that point, looks like someone took a cutting torch to it.
    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/viewt...hp?f=5&t=18335
    Some other carnage from the weekend and more videos, mostly of the Hondoo Pilot.

6. Collapse Details
    can anyone point me into the right direction to locate some flat CV adaptor flanges, I believe it is type II, I need to remake the U joint yokes in order to rebuild the setup as it was, I'm thinking it will be strong enough as long as I do some inspections on the assembly, I'm told that going to a cv joint axle will not give me the same degree of angle that I can get out of the U joint setup.