Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Has anyone used a 12v electric actuator to shift a Jeffco box between F & R
    I have limited room for a forward/reverse shifter for my Jeffco box especially if I add a cutting brake. I want to know if anyone has tried a 12v actuator with a switch and how did it work out?

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Has anyone used a 12v electric actuator to shift a Jeffco box between F & R
    Nobody? I think I am going to try it.

3. Collapse Details
    Excuse my ignorance, but does the Jeffco FNR have a diff?

4. Collapse Details
    Yes

5. Collapse Details
    The ones I have seen are kinda slow and the only way to tell its in gear is to apply power since you would not feel it shift in by hand.

Without seeing your setup cannot think of other ways but how hard would it be to fab a linkage?
    Now that NOBAMA has PROVEN he is the absolute WORST president in the history of history Jimmy Carter can thank him for stealing the dunce crown.

Lets hope the next guy repeals NObama care along with the rest of the stupid crap this blight on our windshield has done.

6. Collapse Details
    the linkage for the actuator? I was going to mount the actuator to the passenger side of the Box. I just talked to Shawn and he said I would have to limit it so that when its in foward it's not pushing all the way because It need an 1/8th inch of play from all the was in forward. I thought I could do that with a limit switch. I have to get my seats and stuff back in to see what room I have but it is limited on both sides of the seat plus I want to add a cutting brake. If I have room I may just use a morse cable.

7. Collapse Details
    Hi hermie if you were to fit up an actuator i would make it so its sprung loaded
    This way it can select gear in its own time if ya get my drift
    will try and get a pic of what im on about !

8. Collapse Details
    I understand what you mean, but when I talked to Shawn at Jeffco he said it can't be forced full throw or have pressure on it at full throw. It needs to sit at 1/8 inch back from full. He even said sometimes people's morse cable will break and they will attach a bungee cord to the lever to hold it in forward and that will cause it to burn the needle bearings up.

9. Collapse Details
    Sounds like a ball detent on the shift shaft would be an improvement. I know that is how the Ford Toploader locates the shifter forks.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by hermie View Post
    I understand what you mean, but when I talked to Shawn at Jeffco he said it can't be forced full throw or have pressure on it at full throw. It needs to sit at 1/8 inch back from full. He even said sometimes people's morse cable will break and they will attach a bungee cord to the lever to hold it in forward and that will cause it to burn the needle bearings up.
    What im talking about wont load the linkage as long as you set the actuator to stop where its needed , The spring set up has 2 compression springs in it 1 for forward and one for rev I cant upload a pic at the moment ,
    Ok so picture an air cyl and the piston is centered then a spring is placed either side of the piston creating a neutral position , Then as the body connected to you actuator moves forward if there is any resistance from the linkage from not meshing then the spring will take the force until mesh engages

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast