1. Collapse Details
    Rear Sprocket Movement?
    I'm pretty new to all this and the terms, but I will try to explain as best as I can. My rear sprocket carrier allows a little sprocket/mounting flange movement. What I mean is that if you grab the rear of the sprocket and push left & right (toward the rear tires), back and forth there is a little movement. And it isn't much. My sprocket is 67 tooth which is almost 14" and when you flex the sprocket it maybe moves 1/8" - 3/16" in/out.

It's like the splines inside are a little loss fitting or something is loose or is this normal???

Thanks, any ideas or help most appreciated!!
    Last edited by sandbug; 03-18-2013 at 11:07 AM.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Rear Sprocket Movement?
    Millenium Member
    That's prob too much. Something's is loose/worn out. But depend on size weight and hp it could go a while. Throw up a pic and give some more description.

3. Collapse Details
    Not sure why my signature doesnt show, maybe there is a minimum post count for that now?

Anyway its a 2010 Quadrocket built rail with a 2007 stock Hayabusa engine, 2 seater, only showing 330 something miles since new.

Guess I need to see if I can figure out how this carrier assembly comes apart.

Here is a link where I described the buggy. - - - > https://www.minibuggy.net/forum/show-...busa-rail.html

Edit: I see my sig works now.
    Last edited by sandbug; 03-18-2013 at 01:47 PM.
    650 lb. Eagle SST 2 seater sandrail with a 2005 ZX10R, Annitori QS Pro Quickshifter.

SOLD - 2010 Hayabusa 2 seater - Force Tek kit car.

"With Age Comes A Cage"

4. Collapse Details
    When I mentiioned the 1/8" - 3/16" above, I meant at the tooth edge of the sprocket, not at the flange. The flange itself isnt moving in and out or side to side. The flange "pivots" slightly if that makes sense and allows the outer sprocket edge to flex the above amount. Sorry I said I didn't know the terms.....
    650 lb. Eagle SST 2 seater sandrail with a 2005 ZX10R, Annitori QS Pro Quickshifter.

"With Age Comes A Cage"

5. Collapse Details
    Sounds to me like you've got a bearing or both bearings out.

6. Collapse Details
    What holds the flanges into each end of the carrier? I had the cv joints disconnected (6 bolts each side) and I didn't see any kind of retainer in there on either side.

"With Age Comes A Cage"

7. Collapse Details
    Is it giving you chain issues or sprocket issues?

Chances are most of us do not know what a Quadrocket rail is so lots of pics will do wonders in getting light on your issue/setup.
    Now that NOBAMA has PROVEN he is the absolute WORST president in the history of history Jimmy Carter can thank him for stealing the dunce crown.

Lets hope the next guy repeals NObama care along with the rest of the stupid crap this blight on our windshield has done.

8. Collapse Details
    Sprockets were misaligned pretty bad when I got it, but I moved the position of the carrier on the mounting base and got them lined up.

The big sprocket isn't "flopping around" loose and you have to push on it pretty good to move it, but it will move the amount I mentioned under hard push. And its not the sprocket bending, it is a twist of the flange on the shaft inside the carrier.

May not be enough to worry about, but I'm a natural worrier.

I wil try and get a pic of the carrier so yall can see what it has, but I cant very well take a pic of the flex.

Thanks

"With Age Comes A Cage"

9. Collapse Details
    Is the flange moving on the carrier splined axel that's what I got out of what you wrote.
    The carrier axel mite have the twist or the flange spines could be worn.
    Mine has a c-clips holding the flanges on the carrier splined axel.
    Bearings also could be done that would be a up and down movement can you tell by grabbing the axel and pulling up and down looking at the carrier flange axel bearing seal to see if the movement is there.
    You will have to unbolt a axel from the carrier flange to see whats going on if you cant tell.
    Last edited by Gotted; 03-18-2013 at 06:59 PM.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge"