1. Collapse Details
    Adjustable Rear Spool With Brake, Who Makes One?
    Hey guys I was wondering who makes an adjustable rear spool similar to the k-drive system that was offered by king sand cars? I noticed on the king site they no longer have any parts listed for sale on their site. I really like the ability to adjust the chain tension by moving the entire spool that's inside of a cradle instead of running a chain tensioner and the brake setup. However the $1,300 is a bit hard to swallow but does seem to be a nice unit. Thanks guys.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Adjustable Rear Spool With Brake, Who Makes One?
    Contact Jody at Proto Die. He has a very reasonably priced spool and making it adjustible is something he could do in his sleep.

Yoshi makes a nice piece too, although more expensive.

3. Collapse Details
    Here's mine.....
    www.SinisterSandSports.com
    918-521-3736
    Yes, i'm on facebook clicky clicky.................

4. Collapse Details
    Looks nice Yoshi, might just be what I am looking for.

5. Collapse Details
    I have a question on making an entire spool move you then are moving your cvs backwards and up to tighten the tension on the chain?
    If this is correct then aren't you loosing droop as you are increasing the angle on your cvs?
    Or do you have to build your car with the cradle in the max setting or up location.. the tightest chain tension and then put it down to attach a fresh chain.. as it stretches you adjust it up and into the location you set up your max droop and the most angle on your cvs.

Curious because if you don't count for the cradle moving your axles up a half inch you can start breaking cv cages, pulling out axles etc.

Is this right? or am I not seeing from the photos how your doing it?

Any input would be great as I am thinking of making mine move but was thinking of making mine slide to the rear but not up. If I move up then I loose droop and add more angle to my cvs and axles.
    I have very long rear arms and sit a couple inches in front of my rear tires and drive axles. I use longer axles and come up to my carrier. I gain droop as my arm cycles and comes forward it brings my axles back up towards my carrier. Helps some.
    Anyways I was going to build in enough clearance and just short enough axles that when my chain is stretched out I can slide the carrier back and tighten it and just close up some gap between my axle angle to the point where I pre set so I don't hit or bind my axle in my cv cups etc.

I am wondering if my thinking is ok. In mocking up it seems fine.
    But looking at your carrier you seem to rotate?
    Anyways any info would be greatly appreciated to help me make a better choice in my design.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by TutTech View Post
    I have a question on making an entire spool move you then are moving your cvs backwards and up to tighten the tension on the chain?
    If this is correct then aren't you loosing droop as you are increasing the angle on your cvs?
    Or do you have to build your car with the cradle in the max setting or up location.. the tightest chain tension and then put it down to attach a fresh chain.. as it stretches you adjust it up and into the location you set up your max droop and the most angle on your cvs.

Curious because if you don't count for the cradle moving your axles up a half inch you can start breaking cv cages, pulling out axles etc.

Is this right? or am I not seeing from the photos how your doing it?

Any input would be great as I am thinking of making mine move but was thinking of making mine slide to the rear but not up. If I move up then I loose droop and add more angle to my cvs and axles.
    I have very long rear arms and sit a couple inches in front of my rear tires and drive axles. I use longer axles and come up to my carrier. I gain droop as my arm cycles and comes forward it brings my axles back up towards my carrier. Helps some.
    Anyways I was going to build in enough clearance and just short enough axles that when my chain is stretched out I can slide the carrier back and tighten it and just close up some gap between my axle angle to the point where I pre set so I don't hit or bind my axle in my cv cups etc.

I am wondering if my thinking is ok. In mocking up it seems fine.
    But looking at your carrier you seem to rotate?
    Anyways any info would be greatly appreciated to help me make a better choice in my design.

My carrier is designed to be at the higher point to start with, and tightening the chain will actually rotate it down. When I set up my limits, I do it with the carrier at the highest point, which it will never be at, but makes it impossible to over extend the cv limits no matter where it's at during tension adjustment....
    Last edited by yoshi; 11-02-2010 at 11:13 AM.
    918-521-3736

7. Collapse Details
    Tut,
    I installed my RPM the same wah as Yoshi describes. It rotates to the rear and down to complement CV and droop.

You could make a plate angled down toward the rear for your carrier assemble to slide down. Just position it based on the other locations you described. Set it up so the chain can easily be put on at full forward and have enough adjustibility to prevent ever needing a half link.

8. Collapse Details
    Ok thanks guys. Pretty much what I was thinking but instead of up go down. Perfect that makes a lot of since and really helps me out.

Perfect advice that really helped thank you guys.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshi View Post
    Here's mine.....
    So whats the price yoshi and how much are replacement shafts?

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by jersdunz View Post
    So whats the price yoshi and how much are replacement shafts?
    $999 for everything minus the sprocket.

What replacement shaft are you referring to?
    918-521-3736