Thread: reverse

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    reverse
    way not abandon first gear of a bussa and use this for reverse two little sprokets with a chain arond and you got reverse

2. Collapse Details
    Re: reverse
    Were it so easy.....
    Now that NOBAMA has PROVEN he is the absolute WORST president in the history of history Jimmy Carter can thank him for stealing the dunce crown.

Lets hope the next guy repeals NObama care along with the rest of the stupid crap this blight on our windshield has done.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by buekenhout View Post
    way not abandon first gear of a bussa and use this for reverse two little sprokets with a chain arond and you got reverse
    There is a member on here (ukoffroad...I think) that modified a samurai t-case in a similar way to get reverse out of the low or high ratio. It was quite the modification, but I guess it worked.

I don't claim to know anything about transmissions in general, so I have no idea if this is possible, although, lots of time, creativity and engineering can quiet even the most ardent of naysayers... It could have its place in the mini-buggy world, particularly ultra light weight stadium style cars, where less weight, less ground clearance, and less available gear ratios could all be acceptable or advantageous.

I personally would be afraid of downshifting into reverse if no lockout were incorporated.

Please elaborate if you had any further ideas of how this could be effectively done. How much would it cost and how reliable could it be? It is a very interesting idea.

4. Collapse Details
    use a camshaft chain and crankshaft sprocket we rune final ratio 5to1 starting into second gear is not a problem

5. Collapse Details
    use a camshaft chain and crankshaft sprocket we rune final ratio 5to1 starting into second gear is not a problem

Are you saying you have actually built this inside a Hayabusa tranny and it works?

I can easily see the concept working but if you have actually done it and can demonstrate it that WOULD be phenominal. Not to mention likely a HUGE market you would have.
    Now that NOBAMA has PROVEN he is the absolute WORST president in the history of history Jimmy Carter can thank him for stealing the dunce crown.

Lets hope the next guy repeals NObama care along with the rest of the stupid crap this blight on our windshield has done.

6. Collapse Details
    thats only gonna work if your little sprockets have the spaces machine out for the gear dogs, other wise you cant shift into that gear. and youd have to make sure the sprockets are big enough for the chain edges to clear the gears next to it when engaged, ortherwise bent shift forks, worn dogs, and so on.
    I wear a tie.....

note to self: act normal around nutz4sand...

7. Collapse Details
    I would wonder about the friction. Even though they are spinning some different speeds the gears in a bike tranny are all going the same way as the shaft they ride on.

Pop the gears out and put a chain in and one of the sprockets would be spinning opposite direction of the shaft its on.

The speed and friction under that sprocket seems it would be HELL on a a bearing or bushing. Even bathed in oil.

Anyone else see that as a problem?
    Last edited by nutz4sand; 11-01-2010 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Edit in red....

8. Collapse Details
    yes a frend actually built this inside a bussa tranny and it works he also has a system you cant shift into first gear www.spiesmetaalservice.nl we use it for short offroad races in belgium and the nederlands www.autocrossbelgie.be

9. Collapse Details
    You guys are definately into offroad racing over there!

Not sure if I would trust the cage on some of those cars but they are bad azz looking!

Spies Metaal Service
    Last edited by Bullnerd; 11-04-2010 at 03:39 PM.
    "Speed is time-time is speed"-Dennis Hopper

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    did you use a special bigfoot camera or something ,you know all blurry could be a tree stump kinda thing .

10. Collapse Details
    yes a frend actually built this inside a bussa tranny and it works he also has a system you cant shift into first gear www.spiesmetaalservice.nl we use it for short offroad races in belgium and the nederlands www.autocrossbelgie.be
    I don't understand Dutch, but it looks like they sell the Hayabusa reverse kit for 750 euros? Is that right?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast