Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Bend-tech Pro software review...
    Hello all. Just wanted to give you my take on a product... I think many of you have heard of it.

Check this site out...

www.2020ssi.com

Just to give you a point of reference, I modeled a complete buggy frame, based on some flat plans I bought, in about six hours. I have basically no CAD experience, and had never used the software before. I just did the tutorials and began to lay out the frame. I can now duplicate the process in less than four hours.

When I was done, I had detailed cut, bend and notch specifications, for EACH part, SPECIFICALLY CALIBRATED TO MY BENDER! It even figures out the weight, if you give it a "pounds per inch" of your material.

If I decide to modify it, I can simply make the change on the 3D model, and rotate it on the screen and see how it looks. This virtually eliminates trial and error, scrap pieces and a lot of wasted time.

The individual part interface is awesome in and of itself. There are plenty of 2D and 3D templates from which to create roll bar hoops, suspension components and anything else. Custom parts can be created as well. That function is so easy it's almost not worth looking for a template!

Because you calibrate the software to your individual bending dies, the parts will be perfect every time.

What can it NOT do? Understand that this is not a full-featured CAD program, like Autocad. It's bending software. You can't model platework, sheet metal, nuts, bolts, bearings, engines, spindles or other such parts... So modelling a complete buggy is not in the cards with this package.

This is a blessing. If you can get your hands on a full featured cad system, you will see that the (relative) simplicity of the Bend-Tech Pro package is a feature in and of itself.

If you have any engineering genes lurking in your blood (if you build buggies, you probably do), you'll love this program. It's model interface is brilliantly simple, and it's 2d and 3d parts interface is even easier.

You can live without this package. It's just that once you get your hands on it, you'll wonder how you did!

Here is a two seat dune buggy design I did in about 3 hours... *click on the images to enlarge them.

First the points...

[url=http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2376635280086613863qPrVid:xl4643rh][/url:xl4643rh]

Then the wireframe.

[url=http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2114903120086613863IQzvtm:xl4643rh][/url:xl4643rh]

And the shaded model.

[url=http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2792044340086613863LylnGE:xl4643rh][/url:xl4643rh]

This was easier than I thought it would be... Tweaking the design was easy, and it is now heavily modified (wider for two seats, different cage design, etc).

I'm having a blast with this stuff! Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,

Ron

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Bend-tech Pro software review...
    I've had it for quite a while now and have not had time to try much with it. Seems a little odd to use .Only messed with it for a couple hours tho. Their standard bend-tech ez is great.Use it all the time.

3. Collapse Details
    I have Bend-Tech Pro and I use it every day. I think that it is the best investment that I have ever made in manufacturing Buggies. For the $250 that I paid for it at the time. It has saved me 10 times that in material that I would have scraped do to not measuring or bending right. Since I live in MN and Chris the owner of Bend-Tech lives here too. I have had the chance to met him (Chris) in person and he stands behind his product. I have yet to find the program to be wrong. (knock on wood). This is not a ad for him, but I want everyone to know that the price of steel is not going down. For only $250 you will save time and money...

Rob

4. Collapse Details
    I have to put in my plug for Cris and his software! *

It works with out flaw. *Should you have a question about the program, Cris answers his own phone and will work with you until your question has been fully answered.. *He also provides a web form.

5. Collapse Details
    after having bend tec pro for three days i desinged my own frame i too some ideas i liked from other frames i have seen pic opn line and applyed my own measurements
    this is what i came up with the only thing i wisk bend teck would add is susspention mounting brackets you could draw in and flat plates for rear swing arms stuff like that
    would be cool thats the wrong pic lol next reply will have it
    WRONG PICTURE LOL !!!!!!!!!! THATS A PICTURE SOME BODY SENT ME
    Last edited by magnum4598; 02-07-2009 at 06:24 PM.

6. Collapse Details
    I see Arrowheads' pillow block and a slug of stuff in a folder. doesn't make sense.

7. Collapse Details
    i posted the wrong picture that a pic nutz sent me trying to explain something lol sorry
    i am still trying to figure out how i can post drawings from bend tech any pointers lol

8. Collapse Details
    I think microsoft has a free download called screenshot,it works good and real simple to use.Then you just post like a pic.
    "Speed is time-time is speed"-Dennis Hopper

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    did you use a special bigfoot camera or something ,you know all blurry could be a tree stump kinda thing .

9. Collapse Details
    thanks i printed it then scaned it then had to re size it lol lets see if it works
    Last edited by magnum4598; 02-07-2009 at 07:14 PM.

10. Collapse Details
    let me know what you think
    i want to build two of these this is a vew from the side and from the bottom rear

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast