Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Bullnerds Bend-Tech
    I finally bought myself Bendtech for Christmas. For many many years I've made countless sketches on paper of buggy frames, ETC.(still do, one benefit of being a CNC operator, CYCLE time = sketch time!) I am not good with computer direction so I really struggle with solid works. Bend tech is prety easy and satisfying to be able to draw and modify a model very quickly.

Sorry if this sounds like an ad for BT, but its really pretty cool.

I still have a LOOONNGGG way to go but heres some samples after just a couple weeks of owning and probably only a few real hours of playing with it.

I'll try to add to this as I go. (TRY)

Stadium lite, this is VERY close to the one I have. Just slightly longer.

Two seat "stadium lite"

Kids stadium lite ( Smaller and 1" tube)

Kids "fastback"

Pilot "wannabe" (not even close!)

Last edited by Bullnerd; 01-09-2014 at 08:26 PM.
    "Speed is time-time is speed"-Dennis Hopper

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    did you use a special bigfoot camera or something ,you know all blurry could be a tree stump kinda thing .

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Bullnerds Bend-Tech
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    Okay, so is Bendtech a CAD software or ???

I'm wanting to move out of the ACAD 2000 world and upgrade a tad, think this would be the way to go?

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by K-fab View Post

I'm wanting to move out of the ACAD 2000 world and upgrade a tad, think this would be the way to go?
    UUhhhh.. I'm not sure I'm qualified to answer that question , HA.

Its really mostly for just tube design, Although they have a SW interface too. I have seen guys do some pretty neat stuff with it but I dont think I would call it a one cad "does all" type of program.

JGSTurbo would probably be the guy to ask about its limitations.

did you use a special bigfoot camera or something ,you know all blurry could be a tree stump kinda thing .

4. Collapse Details
    Hey nice one bull you are off and running now,, look forward to seeing what you come up with.

I recently upgraded to the latest BT but have yet to sit down and play with it and SW together , should be good I hope .

Draw on.
    Talon's YouTube Channel

Adapt what is usefull , reject what is useless and add what is your own.........Bruce Lee

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullnerd View Post
    UUhhhh.. I'm not sure I'm qualified to answer that question , HA.

Its really mostly for just tube design, Although they have a SW interface too. I have seen guys do some pretty neat stuff with it but I dont think I would call it a one cad "does all" type of program.

JGSTurbo would probably be the guy to ask about its limitations.

I have the newer bendtec plugin for solidworks, man does it make my life easier. Full design work in Solidworks, click a couple buttons and it spits out the info I need to replicate the tube.

There is a guy on youtube called cadjunkie. He had a ton of solidworks tutorials on there from the very basics up to pretty advanced. The vid's are like 5 to 12 min. each and packed full of info. I wish I found them years ago when I was first getting into the program, would have saved me a tone of time.

I don't know how I did anything without solidworks..........
    www.SinisterSandSports.com
    918-521-3736
    Yes, i'm on facebook clicky clicky.................

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by K-fab View Post

Pshhh... TRAITOR!!!

Looks good Bull. I've been trying for years to find the time to take a SW class but just can't seem to make my schedule work. I too get really frustrated with the learning curve and time devotion that program requires to learn on your own. I might have to grab this one.

Will it calculate spring back? I know some of the more advanced CNC programs will.
    Last edited by flyerrider; 01-10-2014 at 12:37 AM.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by flyerrider View Post
    Pshhh... TRAITOR!!!

Looks good Bull. I've been trying for years to find the time to take a SW class but just can't seem to make my schedule work. I too get really frustrated with the learning curve and time devotion that program requires to learn on your own. I might have to grab this one.

Will it calculate spring back? I know some of the more advanced CNC programs will.
    I've never taken a single as class or had to call support. Everything I know I learned from quick videos on YouTube. I learned majority of what I know about lofting complex bodywork watching a 12 min video on creating a computer mouse, lol..

I am a.d.d, have a problem picking stuff up and have to have pics or videos to learn. My best advice is find small procects in solidworks that build something similiar to what you want to do and replicate exactly what they are doing, hitting pause on the video as much as needed. Do it multiple times until you can do it on your own and do it some more. I still learn new stuff all the time, I just do a quick search when I need to do something I haven't done before and I have key videos bookmarked I haven't used for a while and may forget.
    Last edited by yoshi; 01-10-2014 at 07:15 AM.
    www.SinisterSandSports.com
    918-521-3736
    Yes, i'm on facebook clicky clicky.................

8. Collapse Details
    "Will it calculate spring back?" - Yes and just about everything else you could possibly need to make the "part".

Also, I meant to add, feel free to add pics of your BT work here. No SW please, there's enough of that around already, but not a lot of good BT samples.

9. Collapse Details
    I manage 3 designers in our design dept. One guy is transitioning from autocad to SW to catch up to the other 2. I got a seat of solidprofessor for him to learn from. It is pretty good. Way better than trying to learn in a classroom environment. You move at your own pace and don't waste time on what you already know. Hundreds of course hours for a reasonable price. He says it was exactly what he needed. I thought I knew everything I needed to know in SW and was suprised after I spent a couple course hours on there. No affiliation of course.

Design with Confidence | SolidProfessor

10. Collapse Details
    Just downloaded bend tech pro last weekend. Its great. Looking forward to actually bending with it. This is my first attempt. Would like some feedback on it as far as if something is needed or not needed.

Bullnerd, really like your radius bends on the yellow example. Did you get that by adjusting the bend selection?

Thanks.

Last edited by jjarkys; 01-10-2014 at 05:42 PM.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast