Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Radiator orientation
    Should the radiator be mounted so the core is running horizontal or vertical?
    does it matter?
    the reason i ask is ive recently changed my orientation to vertical an im now having overheating issues.
    im guessing that if its in the vertical possition then coolant may flow too fast(gravity) through the core,reducing the cooling effect
    ideas anyone?

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Radiator orientation
    220 miles east of Glamis>>>Aka North Phoenix Az
    Well the radiator filler neck has to point up so you can fill it up..... But... The water pump will push coolant through the radiator. Let me ask this before I go on and on... What kind of motor do you have... And do you have pictures of the radiator in question..... Of should not have a big issue... Maybe there is air still in the system????

3. Collapse Details
    What kind of radiator do you have?? If you have a vert you can't turn it hor. Open, 2 pass or triple pass?? Cross flow works the best, I think. A cross flow that is a 2 or 3 pass is better.

4. Collapse Details
    Radiators (left side,Right side)are out of a gpz 900 and have been used from the start, my over heating problem began when i ran them vertical rather than horizontal.
    no air locks in system.....only changed the orientation
    pic is vertical orientation,i have a remote filler cap so i can run radiators any position.
    it seems that most factory build cars/bikes run the core horizontaly, maybe there is a reason for it?

5. Collapse Details
    Mill is rite you cant turn the rad. May be you should get a custom rad made to fit. Speed Partz, FOZ Products Aluminum Racing Radiator for shifter kart go-karts, 125, 80, 250
    They make them for bike engines any size you need.

6. Collapse Details
    the radiators are not the problem, I originaly ran them horizontaly for 6 mths without any issues
    ive just recently changed them to vertical and now im having overheating probs.......

7. Collapse Details
    That is turning the radiator isn't it? (Are they) Or is it) ment to work in the horizontal position? What way was it on the bike vertical or horizontal. It probably will work best the position it was ment too from the factory. Change it back if it was working that would make sence. send more pics of your car.

8. Collapse Details
    Just to clarify "Horizontal orientation", the tubes(core of the radiator) are running in the horizontal direction so coolant is flowing horizontaly thru the radiator
    "Vertical orientation" .........no prizes for woking that one out
    The rads are mounted in the horizontal position on the Factory bike and the obvious choice would be to do the same on a buggy but i see alot of buggys using civic radators mounted in the Vertical orientation........so i should be able to to the same with my Rads.....
    Almost every factory built car and bike run the Rads horizontaly......because its the most efficient way????......need a Coolant expert here

Like i mentioned before, ive just changed the orientation only and now its overheating, i can go out and buy new rads...no problem.....but i dont want to change my set up unless its nessesary.

9. Collapse Details
    Most Civic radiators are for vertical use. You were running two radiators horizontal and were they side by side at the same level to the each other. It is hard to see how you have them in your car. The horizontal flow of those radiators and there inlets/outlets were ment to flow at speed to work together and to cool the coolant. If you change the horizontal radiators to vertical the inlets/outlets are no longer in the rite places to keep the flow going the rite direction.
    Take a look at this radiator these two small rads into one a top tank and a bottom tank so that they both can work together. Speed Partz, FOZ Products Aluminum Racing Radiator for Mini-Sprint

10. Collapse Details
    I dont think you follow me, most civic rads rads run vertical because of the filler neck, my rads can run any way u want cos the use a remote filler neck(see pic in previous post)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast