1. Collapse Details
    cooling problem with snowmobil powered buggy
    I bought for a second buggy a single seat powered by a polaris liberty 700, the problem is it overheats. It has DET ( detonation elimination technology ) , the radator was lying at a 45 degree I remonted it vertical installed a fan but as for wiring in it I'm at a loss, it has no battery or electric start I tried to wire it off the incoming power sourse for the lights but it kills the engine. Any ideas would be great because the 5 minutes we get to ride it before it losses power its a screamer and blowes away my fz750 powered short sandcar

2. Collapse Details
    Re: cooling problem with snowmobil powered buggy
    Loses power? Have you done a crankcase pressure check )(both cylinders of course)? If the crank seals are leaking it will run hot in the dead of winter. (leans out)

Also whats the size of the radiator? Whats the radiator off of?

Is that carbed or F.I.?? Is the jetting rich enough?

Also whats the gearing?? Two smokes need to spin rpms to get air through the inside to cool them as much as anything.

Tire size (rear) and buggy weight?

The fan may require a tad more to work with but if any of the above things are wrong a fan will not cure it woes.

for the fan (if you need it before this is all over) a small battery can be mounted somewhere and run an alternator off the rear axle or jackshaft.
    Now that NOBAMA has PROVEN he is the absolute WORST president in the history of history Jimmy Carter can thank him for stealing the dunce crown.

Lets hope the next guy repeals NObama care along with the rest of the stupid crap this blight on our windshield has done.

3. Collapse Details
    I agree you need a battery to power the fan. It also sounds like you need to buy a regulator/rectifier too. Thats going to keep you from ovecharging the battery. You got a repair manual for that motor? Should probably get one if you dont. Just the wind alone is probably not enough to keep it cool. Maybe check for bad thermostat too.

4. Collapse Details
    Honestly the first thing I would do is get the electric start kit for that engine, that will solve not only this problem but also many others like powering additional accessories and oh yeah starting without pulling the rope! I think the engine is dying because the fan is pulling too many amps and the generator system can't keep up. Having a battery will allow the fan to pull from that so the charging system only has to dump power to the battery at a rate it can handle. If you get a thermoswitch for the fan it won't run all the time so you don't kill the battery too fast. If you go that route I would also put in a manual toggle in case the thermoswitch fails (I learned my lesson on that one!).

5. Collapse Details
    Don't most snowmobiles run 12v AC? Could be the problem, I know on my build that I will be installing the electric start kit and a battery so that I can run 12v DC to my lights and accessories... 2003 rotax 800ho going into a honda pilot.