1. Collapse Details
    gsxr750 wiring info
    I just got all the tape off the harness for my gsxr750 and now i need info.Any info anyone is willing too take the time too give me.I have the repair manual with the wiring diagram.I never worked with this complicated a harness.I need any info on what too remove what too add what not too mess with and what could be improved.Any info at all.

Rico

2. Collapse Details
    Re: gsxr750 wiring info
    Do you have specific questions about the wiring ?

3. Collapse Details
    Not at the moment.I just want too get as much info as i can so its done right.Im not sure what is taken out of a harness.I guess one question is if im not using turn singnals and a horn will removing the wiring mess something else up?I dont know much about this type of stuff so im open too all info.

Rico

4. Collapse Details
    I had a post going a while back trying to help somerone do the wiring. *But after a while I think he gave up on his build. *Anyway you might look up that old post. *You only need to keep the sensors etc that the ecu needs to run the fuel injection ... turn signals, horn etc can go. *If you study the wiring diagram a bit it is actually pretty simple to recut the harness..

5. Collapse Details
    I will look into the old post you wouldnt know what its heading is would you?thanks.I dont think ill give up on it seeing this is all i have too do too finish the build.

Rico

6. Collapse Details
    In the "motor" section, thread started by Bugpac, titled "GSXR wire Diagram" *A user named "headinclouds" was asking questions, then disappeared.

7. Collapse Details
    Since this is my favorite parts I can try to give you some guide line.
    First study the print and figure out what is what, tag the harness for all the end, turn light , stop light etc..
    Add a tag color tag of what you want to remove, example turn light and follow the wire... they gonna go to the switch and then back the the fuse, common sense, if you have splice just cut the un-needed wire when you done with one circuit, try the wire harness, and go on to the next. You could at the same time mark or highlight on a blow out print what you do, if any problem happen go back to the last running state.
    I did all my wire harness of my Triumph Fuel Injection before I got the print, I modified the print accordingly, write down bypass switch, like the jack stand or clutch .

If you go step by step and one circuit at the time is nothing to get afraid from, just take your time and try to understand what you do, like I use to say to my "student" you got maximum three wire...... that's it"
    "Anything is possible, it's just matter of Time, Money "
    "Always think out of the box"

8. Collapse Details
    I have done my 750 recently. You need the tip over sensor, or a resistor, the manual says the specs. *I just broke out the 2 tabs on each side that make the other contact, but it still has 65 ohms (I believe) when in the operating mode. You also need all the air sensors and fuel injection. I took out the lighting, fan, and extra stuff. If you don't have the kickstand switch, you need to install a diode from the green wire to the ground. I cut back the green wire to where it meets with the large ground wire that feeds the instrument panel. Make sure to solder all the connections and use heat shrink tubing over them to make sure you have no problems. I spent about 3 hours messing with the diagram and marking out wires I did not need. There is a grey wire off the instrument panel, doesn't say what it is. It is the lighting for the panel. I hooked that into my light switch, so it comes on when the lights are on. I laid the harness next to the buggy, and routed the wires as needed, and made several tape wraps along the way to join wires that go in the same direction. I took it out and re-wrapped and taped it up. Let me know if you need anything else. I know pretty much what every wire is.
    Proud owner of a two seat pucker-mobile. Funco inspired mini buggy powered by a Busa. Giving out free rides to anyone brave enough.

9. Collapse Details
    The TOS can also be opened on some. Just cut the offending ring and pullit out, reseal the box and mount it somewhere out of the way.