1. Collapse Details
    Brake Proportioning Valve
    Can someone tell me the where and how I should use this? *Does it typically go on the front, rear line or both brake lines?

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Brake Proportioning Valve
    Depends on where you want more brakes. *On my brother's truck, he put one on the rear because there was too much braking in the rear and it was locking up way before the front. *It just blocks off some pressure from the rear and adds it to the front.
    Over complicating mini buggies since 2005

Certified lazy fabricating laser junkie

K-Fab Says: Don't ride with me - I flip stuff like RZRs and myself over the bars...

3. Collapse Details
    I'm installing mine to direct pressure to the front or back, which is what flyrider's brother did. One inlet and two outlets. Turn the knob and more pressure goes to the front or back.

So what you really need to decide is where you will mount the bias control. Do you want to reach it from your seat or are you willing to mount it out of reach, like very near the brake pedal. I believe that is the real choice.

4. Collapse Details
    The adjuster in the picture only has one inlet and one outlet, so all it can do is adjust pressure to whichever brake line (front or rear) you install it on. *It works like flyerrider said except that it does not add pressure to the front, just reduces it at the rear. *

One like this, which has two inlets, could be used to adjust front and rear pressures. *Gene is this similar to what you are using?

I have always used two master cylinders with an adjustable balance bar between them so that the pressure adjusters are not necessary. *The proportioning valve is not always necessary, only if you are having trouble getting the front/rear bias even.

5. Collapse Details
    I better look to see what I actually have. Since I have a single line coming from the brake master cylinder I have made an assumption that the bias valve has two outlets. I could have mismatched parts!

6. Collapse Details
    Gene,

Iíve only found the type with one outlet. *I assumed the minibuggy crowd universally biased the front or rear depending on weight or on some other factor.

If you have two outlets, let me know where you got it. *That's was my plan as well, but I havenít found that type yet.