Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Not that hard of a build, just a lot smaller than a buggy frame and uses a soldering iron instead of a tig welder Programming for a crotch rocket engine will be a whole differnet deal though. :wink:

2. Collapse Details
    I agree, the building of the unit would be a snap as long as there were decent instructions (I work at a electronics place ) but setting it up and programing it and tieing it in to all the sensors afterwards would be where I am sure I would get lost.

3. Collapse Details
    Great thread Tim!
    This is very interesting and could bring DIY black-box technology to the mini scene. Very cool.

Best of all is that you make it sound within reach of our skill set.

Thanks Tim!

Gene

4. Collapse Details
    I also love the idea of being able to increase the power and torque of our motors,just way beyond my knowledge in the programming dept. I do volenteer my rail and motor for further testing tuning purposes if you would like. It is a cbr900rr carburated model though. :cry:

5. Collapse Details
    Ditto from me too!!!

Keep us updated. This is very interesting. Hey at least no one from this board has gone on another forum and portrayed this as being their idea, yet.
    Pretty discouraging when you see that crap going on.

Bajatex

6. Collapse Details
    c'mon, tex--I found out about the megasquirt back in 2000 when I was flying giant scale RC planes (mine was "little" since it only had an 80cc engine, and a 100" wingspan). I was thinking about using EFI for an airplane engine, since throttle response is so critical to aerobatics. So of course I thought of it first!!! :lol: I just haven't tried it yet! :roll:

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by bajatex
    Ditto from me too!!!

Keep us updated. This is very interesting. Hey at least no one from this board has gone on another forum and portrayed this as being their idea, yet.
    Pretty discouraging when you see that crap going on.

Bajatex
    lol, i myself plagerized you bajatex a bit, tho i just added my little bits, protodie actually drew it up. if this what is refered to....... 8)
    dont think i claimed it to be my sweet idea tho.. :?:

8. Collapse Details
    Well I am sure I didn't think of it first. I don't even know if I'd be the first to try it. Nor do I really care to be honest. I am learning a lot and having fun doing it so I plan to just keep my head down, ignore any flack and concentrate on getting it done. I'll drop a few summary posts and pics along the way in case some brave soul decides to plow the same path sometime in the future. Tim

9. Collapse Details
    Just in case you guys aren't sure, there are some folks on the glamisdunes site that have been doing it for years...

10. Collapse Details
    On crotch rocket engines? Really! Can you point me to a post please, that would be very helpful if someone has solved some of the fuel map issues already. I couldn't find any. Or are you referring to the car engine stuff? Definintely nothing new about DIY injection systems and turbo's, that's for sure. Cheers! Tim

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast