1. Collapse Details
    bump streer bracket??
    I am confused on how this eliminate bumpsteer.

USA MADE BILLET ALUMINUM 11 INCH EYE TO EYE HEIM SPREADER BUMP STEER BRACKET FOR CENTER LOAD RACKS

the steering rack that is currently in my buggy looks like this

LATEST RAGE HEAVY DUTY CENTER LOAD RACK AND PINION FOR A-ARM FRONT SUSPENSION SPUD IS 5/8-36 SPLINE

I am confused how this is supposed to work. Currently my tierod ends are attached to my rack with a big piece of angle iron for lack of a better description. The angle piece is actually made out fo aluminum. And is used to move the tierod ends to the front of the box. because the bolt holes that go into the internal slide come off the bottom and the steering input is on the back side.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: bump streer bracket??
    Millenium Member
    This type of bracket bolts on to the rack. Moves the pivot point of the steering heim out. This bracket will only eleminate bump steer if the distance between the L and R inside tierod maount is 11". (and that is not even completly true, too many variables) Come in lots of sizes and custom length too.

3. Collapse Details
    There is no such thing as a universal, one size fits all bump steer bracket. They are application specific which factor in a-arm, spindle and control rod mounts in multiple directions. A 1/4" high/low or in/out control rod mount makes a big difference in bump steer.....
    Last edited by yoshi; 08-15-2011 at 07:36 AM.
    www.SinisterSandSports.com
    918-521-3736
    Yes, i'm on facebook clicky clicky.................

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by CARLRIDDLE View Post
    This type of bracket bolts on to the rack. Moves the pivot point of the steering heim out. This bracket will only eleminate bump steer if the distance between the L and R inside tierod maount is 11". (and that is not even completly true, too many variables) Come in lots of sizes and custom length too.

Dang that sucks because mine are only 8 inches wide...
    (But I agree and I am only kidding.. I get your post perfectly.. lol )

The tie rod seperator is what they should be called in my opinion as they simply set the spacing between your tie rods to make them match better to the distance your A-arms are seperated from one another more importantly then anything. Then moves it out etc.

People call them bumpsteer bars.. But really all they are, are tie rod seperators. They set the spacing and double shear your tie rods heims and give your rack a nice solid piece to mount to and bolt onto it. You choose the distance or spacing that most closely matches your buggy..

So actually buying the wrong one could be worse and cause bumpsteer.
    Yoshi I agree with your post totally.

Last edited by TutTech; 08-15-2011 at 09:05 AM.

5. Collapse Details
    ok thank you guys for the clarification. figured it couldnt be that freakin easy. When i get home and get started on this i will have to get detailed pictures and measurements to pick the brains of the fart smellers, i mean smart fellers on here. The bump steer is one of the main driving forces behind my desire to rework my front end. Although since it has always been this way since new i dont fell a impact on performance. And out in the desert sutle differences in my steering may not even be noticeable because usually i am at hang the hell on speed. And with my current suck ass fox air shock setup up it can get pretty bumpy and exciting. So i fear that crappy shocks are covering up the steering problem. Hence the reason for going to coil over shocks.