1. Collapse Details
    Roller gas pedal?
    Question
    Hi everyone, I was just wondering on how do a Roller gas pedal works. I made a lot of researches but I only found pedal dealers. The thing is, I wanna know the difference between a non roller and a roller one because I just don't understand how it works. Thanks for the time you are giving me and thanks for your answers.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Roller gas pedal?
    A non-roller pedal is like an ordinary car pedal. It is usually long and flat so your foot makes good contact in a variety of foot and pedal positions. A roller pedal has a round drum on the pedal end. As you push the throttle the drum rolls up and down the sole of your shoe depending on the pedal position. It makes the pedal feel quite effortless and frictionless. This makes it difficult to get throttle feedback and maintain throttle position on rough terrain. Most would suggest using a standard flat pedal.

3. Collapse Details
    I have a roller pedal currently and am seriously considering the switch. Its a different feeling but not a particularly pleasant one

4. Collapse Details
    Roller pedals suck. I had one on one of my Woodsbuggys for short while. I then put one of those fancy bicyle foot pegs on it to give me more surface to ride on. That lasted about a month before I bought a Jamar flat pedal

5. Collapse Details
    My vote is for the flat pedal also... I put a 1" angle iron heel rest at the base of my pedal assembly, it makes controlling the throttle a lot easier in the rough.

6. Collapse Details
    I never understood why a roller pedal would be a good idea. It seems as though the general consensus is they are not.

I agree on the heel stop. I sometimes see pics of pedal sets mounted in the middle of a flat floor. I don't know how you keep your feet on the pedals with that kind of setup. I happen to have a frame tube below my pedals that works as a perfect heel stop. I also added a small tab to act as a dead pedal for my left foot to keep it off the brakes.

7. Collapse Details
    Well thanks for all of your replies, it really helped me to make the choise eh eh. Now I was just wondering if one of you guys could post some pictures of their gas pedal system just to have an idea of how I could set it up, thank you.

8. Collapse Details
    I just remembered, I also have a foot rest/peg for my left foot also and like most people I only use the clutch for down shifting.