Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    HID Lights, big or small?
    I'm looking at the HID lights from Shucks, and they have a 4 inch and a 7 inch. There aren't any details on the 4 inch, so does anyone know of the difference? Will the 7 inch throw light better? I'd rather have better light, but I'd also like a smaller unit, but if the 7's are better, that would be my first choice.

Also, tail lights... Who knows of a cheap LED light that does stop and tail? Needs to be red, only need one, preferably an oval, 2 inch by 5, or whatever they usually are.
    Proud owner of a two seat pucker-mobile. Funco inspired mini buggy powered by a Busa. Giving out free rides to anyone brave enough.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: HID Lights, big or small?
    My expierience has always been no matter what the light a bigger reflector makes for a better light.
    Now that NOBAMA has PROVEN he is the absolute WORST president in the history of history Jimmy Carter can thank him for stealing the dunce crown.

Lets hope the next guy repeals NObama care along with the rest of the stupid crap this blight on our windshield has done.

3. Collapse Details
    I am also looking for headlights, maybe not HID's but something bright and compact. I would prefer an LED option but I don't know of too many good ones for off-road vehicles.

For a tail light I use an LED one for trailers. They come two in a pack for around $50 at most auto and trailer parts stores, and are an approx 4" square. I use the same ones on my trailer as well. On my buggy I have it wired to be a tail and stop light just like on the trailer, except that the tail light is on all the time with the ignition.
    Last edited by minibajaman; 03-09-2009 at 08:51 PM.

4. Collapse Details
    LEDS have come a long way and the low power use is a good thing but although they are BRIGHT to look at they do not cast as good a beam outward as HID. Maybe one day. But not yet. HID are pretty low power use once they are on for the light they produce. A lil surge turning them on. No big.
    Now that NOBAMA has PROVEN he is the absolute WORST president in the history of history Jimmy Carter can thank him for stealing the dunce crown.

Lets hope the next guy repeals NObama care along with the rest of the stupid crap this blight on our windshield has done.

5. Collapse Details
    I have 3 of the 7in HIDS on my rhino and they are really bright!! They only come in a euro beam ( wide and faily flat) but if you use multiple light you can really light things up!! I heard the 4 in were pretty bright also but haven't seen them in person.
    Last edited by el diablo; 03-09-2009 at 10:51 PM.

6. Collapse Details
    Mesa, AZ - Home of the elusive "SnowBird"
    I like things that move. Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers.

7. Collapse Details
    I plan on using 2 so I think that should be enough for some night running in the dunes or around my property. No led headlights for me. I found a pair of the oval ones for the grommet mount with the mounting plates on ebay for 50 dollars so that seems like a good option at the moment.
    Proud owner of a two seat pucker-mobile. Funco inspired mini buggy powered by a Busa. Giving out free rides to anyone brave enough.

8. Collapse Details
    oh, I like the 12 1/2 inch light, but do they make a smaller one? I want to put it on the wrap-around bar, but I think 12 inches would be too long. I'll need to call my father to double check though.

9. Collapse Details
    I would run 3 of the 7" or 4" HID's. Low power draw on the small MC alt. and no halogen will match light vs amps with and produces a very white light that makes it easy to distinguish terrain changes.

10. Collapse Details
    Go
    I have 2 4" HID under the nose that are extremely bright. That being said I also have 2 8" HID on a removable light bar. Those are used solely for night racing. I am very happy with the performance of the 4" for daily driving. The 8" lights are massive and am not sure if i would want them on 24/7
    ________
    Cruise-O-Matic
    Last edited by bajaBrothers; 02-23-2011 at 10:26 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast