View Poll Results: Maximum allowable ccs all engine types...

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll

1 2.04%

0 0%

1 2.04%

14 28.57%

9 18.37%

2 4.08%

1 2.04%

9 18.37%

5 10.20%
  • Manufacturer hp base under 130

7 14.29%

Thread: Engine ccs...

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: Engine ccs...
    I like that: four cylinder four-strokes up to 600cc and two cylinder four-strokes up to 1000cc. Any number of cylinder two-strokes up to 500cc.

Change that to 600cc 2 cycle, and i think its a winner *[smilie=big_bday.gif]

2. Collapse Details
    Protodie Master and Vendor ProtoDie's Avatar
    like that: four cylinder four-strokes up to 600cc and two cylinder four-strokes up to 1000cc. Any number of cylinder two-strokes up to 500cc.

Change that to 600cc 2 cycle, and i think its a winner *

I think that sounds good

3. Collapse Details
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    Quote Originally Posted by ultraman\";p=\"44801
    I like that: four cylinder four-strokes up to 600cc and two cylinder four-strokes up to 1000cc. Any number of cylinder two-strokes up to 500cc.

This is sounding like the direction that the ideas have started to head towards.

Realizing that each type of engine has it's own little niche, output and such is finally starting to sink in with everyone (me included) and make sense.

4. Collapse Details
    Well considering that Dave S. and myself are using 700 Rotax twins and Dave C and Jeff are using 600 CC twin Rotaxs in our Pilots I take exception to the 500 cc 2 stroke limit.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ultraman\";p=\"44801

I think 1000cc twins and 750cc fours, like in Superbike racing before the 1000cc general rule. And then 600cc 2 stroke.

6. Collapse Details
    My thoughts on the engine section. The "Special Engine Class" should be added to help kick start the racing and should be terminated after two years. *I would expect that as soon as someone with a "Special Class Engine" starts wining, the drivers will just say no.

Fuel Requirements:

All engines must use unleaded gasoline fuel of less than 99 octane [aka Pump Gas] that is designated for use in automobiles and widely available to the general public.
    Oil may be mixed with the gasoline for 2 stroke engines. *No other chemicals are allowed to be added to the fuel.

Open Class:
    Four Stroke Engines:
    Naturally Aspirated, up to 1100cc with a maximum of two (2) Cylinders
    Naturally Aspirated, up to * 600cc with a maximum of four (4) Cylinders

Two Stroke Engines:
    Naturally Aspirated, up to *600c with a maximum of two (2) Cylinders
    Naturally Aspirated, up to *500c with a maximum of three (3) Cylinders

Limited Class:
    Four Stroke Engines:
    Naturally Aspirated, up to 650cc with a maximum of two (2) Cylinders

Two Stroke Engines:
    Naturally Aspirated, up to *500c with a maximum of two (2) Cylinders

Special Engine Class:
    At any specific event, engines outside of Open and Limited class rules may be allowed to complete by a unanimous vote of the drivers in that class and be allowed to run. Engines in the special class must not exceed one additional cylinder at the class displacement limit or 250cc additional displacement at the class cylinder limit for the type of engine. *In all cases engines believed to be over 100 hp must run in the Open Class if allowed by vote. Rotary engines are constrained by the 2-stroke engine rules and each rotor is considered equivalent to a cylinder.
    Kludge is pronounced clue-j (with a short J as in Just)
    You know you are blessed when your wife loves you, she understands your need for a shop with good tools
    and she wants you to build her a Minibuggy too!
    Yes, someday I'll get my website up www.minibuggysupply.com (Anybody know a good Web site designer/graphic artist?)

7. Collapse Details
    EFI needs to be allowed, as most modern motors have it

Why control the fuel octane??? and how can you control it?

The only benefit would be if everyone were to run the exact car with the same engine with no mods.
    Then octane can be an advantage over competion
    And then how do you control the motor mods ?

Octane is small compared to what you can do to a motor to gain power.
    One guy may run an aftermarket pipe with regular gas, and another may run a stock pipe with 110 oct.

IMO 2 stroke 700 motors should be in a class with 1000 4 cylinder bike motors.

I think we need to get a base line for the rules that are open & inviting to the most cars and people.

It does not mean that you have to race by yourself, or you can not race if your motor is to big, and mostly 600's showed up. You can still lineup and race with the pack, but you will be scored in a different class

Alot of smaller specifics can be worked out once races start happening, and a need to add to the rules presents itself

The main thing is get people to the track to get this rolling.

8. Collapse Details
    if ya make a tire rule like a 22x10 you dont need an engine rule because you can only put so much to the ground

9. Collapse Details
    Tire size can affect much more than how much power is transmitted to the ground.

So why use one to control or compensate for the other.

Different chassis, and suspension setups are affected differently by tire *size.
    Also gear ratio & ground clearance are affected.

I personally *run a 20 x 10 on the rear, but would like the option to go with what works at ,,,whatever track it is at.

I just tried some new rear tires at Bob's last weekend, and they were too aggressive. *
    They were a 22 x10 , and they gripped so much they pushed me threw almost every corner.
    I switched back to my regular tires for the next heat and the car handled waaaaaaaayyy better.

This was due to the tread pattern of course, and not the height, I needed to spin my rears more to turn better.

so I guess my point is, you should be able to run what ever tires make you car handle the best.

10. Collapse Details
    ok so why not run whatever engine makes your car go the fastest? There has to be a limit somewhere? tires are cheap and chassis set up is not hindered by tire size if you know ahead of time what your build parameters are.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast