Thread: Race Tracks

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: Race Tracks
    Quote Originally Posted by K-fab\";p=\"50346
    It looks like the track at New Vienna, Ohio is going to happen.

Mike called me this afternoon and wanted to know if I was still serious about it. *I'm in!

The track will cover about 7 acres.

I circled the section of the land that gets the track.

What I want to do is first go out with a car or three........
    well, we know who is driving the first two...........

2. Collapse Details
    I see what appears to be six existing tracks in that picture???

3. Collapse Details
    Turbotexas,
    your photo made me bust up.
    Thats so cool.

I wish I could join you guys.. dang.

I cant wait to see and hear how this works out.
    It sound awesome.

And K-fab when you going to Glamis?

Anyways keep us all posted.

4. Collapse Details
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    Hero - old photo. *There are two left at present, supposed to go back up to four when the new management takes over.

Tut - Glamis in Feb. *The week before President's Day.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by TutTech\";p=\"54202
    Turbotexas,
    your photo made me bust up.
    Thats so cool.
    Yea what a job huh...

6. Collapse Details
    Re: The Briggsbuilt Generation IV Cars
    K fab, Do you have any dates/ venues for the stadium racing series? Do you know if it will be televised.

7. Collapse Details
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    Quote Originally Posted by LEE1969GB\";p=\"57442
    K fab, Do you have any dates/ venues for the stadium racing series? Do you know if it will be televised.
    ROFLMAO!!!! * Televised? *Maybe on YouTube if someone's standing by the track. * *Sorry... *That one struck the funny bone big time.

This is totally bush league racing and if I have my way, there will be a small p.o.s. trophy or plaque at the end of the day - maybe just a ribbon. *I refuse to run for money (I always give my prize money back to the track). *People become VERY stupid when you wave any sort of prize money in front of them at the end of the day's worth of racing.

I'm not the one running the facility, nor will I be the one running the races - I will help, but it's not my show. *

The track will be my baby. *I'll take care of design and building and I'll probably have a heavy hand in up keep, but that's about it. *I'm not about to take on the promoter aspect. *I'm a racer, not a manager.

I will work on getting a race schedule that works with Spring Valley, Bob's, Stone City and who ever else is racing.

I much prefer to go to a track on practice days. *It's more fun to go play until your worn out, come back to the pits, relax, do it again. *There's something about the hurry up and wait aspect of racing for five to ten laps worth of time that is a bummer. *I will be racing some, though.

Speaking of the track (some of this is redundant and this thread should be in the Lites section, but what the heck, I can move it later if need be):

It's official - I'll be building a Stadium Lite track about an hour east of Cincinnati. *The motocross park is called New Vienna - [url=http://www.newviennamotorsports.com/main.htm:1fqx2bdy]here's the old owner's web page[/url:1fqx2bdy]

The track will be located on roughly 7 acres - sort of(?) kidney bean shaped - section four in the pic below. *This is an OLD picture - most of the tracks are gone now.

I hope to head out to the land this weekend and start working on a layout.

My three main goals for the track are:
    1) FLOWING. *None of this point, shoot, brake, turn, point, shoot, brake, turn crap. *The track will have slower technical sections as well as long, fast sections. *This is very much personal preference on my part but I enjoy a track that allows you to flow continuously from corner to corner instead of a choppy screwed up type of drive. *And since I'll be operating the dirt moving equipment, it's what I'm going to do! * :wink:

B) Wide enough for four cars - I'm planning on 35' to 40' wide

III) Multiple lines so there is passing able to be done in the corners, straights and even switch backs. (which usually and obviously develop one line)

I also want to set the track up so that it's multiple level friendly. *There will be table tops through out and there will be doubles in sections where they're able to be done safely. *Different obstacles may be side by side - say a table top on one side of a straight with a double on the other side.

We also want the track to be used by people with UTVs, quads and I'm trying to get some Trophy Karts here too. *The more we can keep four wheeled vehicles off the motocross track the happier everyone will be. *(I HATE quads on a motocross track - they screw up the turns)

Hopefully we'll have the basic layout of the track finished by the end of February. Weather will play a huge roll in this and I'll be out west playing in the Dunes for a couple weeks in the middle of Feb.

I'll keep everyone updated as it goes along.

8. Collapse Details
    We need a track over here too! I bet you will get a lot of spectators wonder what is going on. Hopefully the sport will come alive again.
    Proud owner of a two seat pucker-mobile. Funco inspired mini buggy powered by a Busa. Giving out free rides to anyone brave enough.

9. Collapse Details
    hi,If anyone is interested I have a EEE Superlite from the Mickey days that I raced that might want to sell with all the spares.It's in great shape.I had it out over Thanksgiving in the Majove and ran away from most anything.

10. Collapse Details
    we need pics of the EEE, and put it in the for sale section. Very nice phazer you have there. Any more left?
    Proud owner of a two seat pucker-mobile. Funco inspired mini buggy powered by a Busa. Giving out free rides to anyone brave enough.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast