Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: Should builders follow certain class rules?
    Just skiped thru some of this and most is fairly accurite. However i dont see a standard set of rules ever really happining. Tracks makeup their own rules and classes and if your lucky enought to live within a reasonable distance your in like flint. Most tracks will help set up a class if your group can guaranty enought cars, witch *in reality is quite hard. Getting say 25 cars to show up every race for a minibuggy style race is a lot of work and moneys.LOT OF WORK< LOT OF MONEY.

2. Collapse Details
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotHawK\";p=\"44250
    In the development of a "rules" book I think that current production single seaters (drakart, pilot/odyssey, cmoore, redline) need to be examined and used as a baseline for car size and powerplant considerations. Doing this will ensure that people can build a buggy similar to what someone cay buy "turnkey".
    Quote Originally Posted by MC@ Performance Fab\";p=\"44340
    Just skiped thru some of this and most is fairly accurite. However i dont see a standard set of rules ever really happining. Tracks makeup their own rules and classes and if your lucky enought to live within a reasonable distance your in like flint. Most tracks will help set up a class if your group can guaranty enought cars, witch *in reality is quite hard. Getting say 25 cars to show up every race for a minibuggy style race is a lot of work and moneys.LOT OF WORK< LOT OF MONEY.
    The whole idea of this is to get a set of rules up that we can all live with (yea, I know - that's gonna be one tough project [smilie=banghead.gif] ). *If we can get everyone to base their vehicles on a given set of rules and then show up at tracks with rules in hand, it will show that we've become more focused and directed in our class. *

We'd take the rules to the track owner/promotor/race director and say "Here, as a group of the Stadium Lites class, we're working on getting a set of rules that everyone can work with, please help us out by using these rules and allowing us to do the same." *The more unified we ALL are in our approach and the more we work together the more it will benefit us.

One thing that I do plan on getting on a soap box about will be safety. * *
    That is the one major place that I feel we can not screw around with. *As I've said over and over, a couple extra hundred dollars getting the correct safety gear would more than be covered by one trip to the ER. *We just can't side step this aspect of our sport.

Racing IS dangerous - it's a blast, but the potential for being hurt is there from the second the green flag drops until you get back in the pits and get out of the car. *The more we can do to minimize the chance for getting hurt, even if it costs a tad more than one wants to spend right off the bat, the better. *I'll probably remind everyone about this over and over until you guys are ready to shoot me (and, since I'm safety minded, I'll be wearing my bullet proof vest. HA!! *)

I've had a couple people e-mail me some contact info for a couple track - thank you.
    If anyone wants to send me anything please do so - either via PM on this site or use K-fab@gcis.net * My old rwk@gcis.net email address is so full of spam I loose a lot of legit e-mails.

Thanks guys for helping out and working on getting this idea off and running. * *[smilie=blowkiss.gif]

I'll start working on getting a bit of a layout for our plans in motion fairly soon.

3. Collapse Details
    odyssey's come out of the factory at 600#
    pilots I have no clue but should be close...

Quote Originally Posted by Bugpac\";p=\"44066
    Ok Ill start

70" maximum width, 10' overall maximum length.... At ride height....
    700 lbs Minimum weight 1000 lbs maximum no driver....
    5 *point harness minimum 3", Not out of date....
    Window nets both sides, except for pilots with wrist restraints, Only exception...
    Windshield screen no larger than 3/4 square hole opening, securely attached
    Fuel tank must have roll over valve
    Battery must be covered
    Belt and chain guard between operator and Chain or belt In addition to the aluminum firewall...Must fully cover width and height of cvt drive clutch to operator
    Aluminum firewall directly behind seat Minimum .60 ?
    Dual front and single rear brake minimum
    Roll bar padding around helmet contact are with tubing
    !.25 x.095 dom tube minimum

Ok anyone else?

4. Collapse Details
    mabe you could look at some specs put out by some of the people who already build or sell planes places like edge products rorty drakart protodie and work off these to let people race what they aiiready have.

5. Collapse Details
    im new here but we already have class rules in CA.its more a midsized class but here it is .Class 1 Lites .we race in BITD , MORE , MDR , DRIVE ,GLENN HELLEN gold cup sieries,and working on the new stadium sieries under construction.
    you can find the rule in BITD's rule book fore more details .it is called class 3000.
    103 w/b
    85 wide
    transaxle
    stock 2.2 or 2.4 ecotec motor
    the rest is open and the cars are fast @ b.I.T.D Terribles 250 we would have been 10th in tt with 20 trucks , 12 in class 1 with 34 cars , 1st in class 10 , first in 7200 , and 1st in 1/2 1600.the cars are fast and extremly reliable"cheep to race".
    sorry tried to download pics but got shut down

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9