Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: ST2-NG questions
    Take your time. Electronics can be a right pain in the ass but work the problem in slow thought out steps and you will find the solution.

Happy New Year!
    All dressed up and waiting for the beer to arrive.

2. Collapse Details
    Well I can find the exact fit ignition coil and regulator, but not a stator if it needs it. It's quite possible, just have to figure out how to bypass it, but the kill switch on it currently the knob is kind if melted or at least very degraded, so internally it could be messed up. I do have a new kill switch and ignition switch so those will be replaced, may try to carry them over for the buggy.

Another question I have is, when I set up the throttle cable, to the gas pedal, should I run a dual cable, so one off the gas pedal to one to the one off the carburetor or do I get a custom like 100" cable to run?

Right now, the air box is mounted directly to the carburetor, haven't checked to see if it runs an air filter, since there very little dust in the snow I don't know if it has one. But the air inlet to the air box, is a rubber/cloth hose that runs from the right side of the air box, then comes out near your feet pointing to the rear. I am wondering if there would be any issues running the air box in a ram air setup. So basically run it up high with air flow going straight into it

Then the last thing I noticed the other day was, there is an air vent directly in front of the head light, that goes straight down over the cylinders. The fan that cools the cylinders is on the right hand side. So I don't know if the fan is setup to pull air over the cylinders or is it pulls the air from that upper vent and pull it away from the cylinders. I'll try to snag a picture of that vent later to help give a better idea of what I'm talking about. Once I figure it out, I can more easily figure a duct system to help flow more air over the cylinders when its hotter outside.

3. Collapse Details
    Worry about electrical power first. Throttle and cooling are in the next phase. Have you got main power? Lights on the dash?

Fuse box and relays. Trace the power from the battery first. Follow the wires and don't be afraid to find a wiring diagram. They will be out there. Work from the power source down steam.

Kill switch sounds interesting. Be nice if it had fused it's self on.
    All dressed up and waiting for the beer to arrive.

4. Collapse Details
    Being that this is pull start only, the only electrical power would be coming from the stator. However, when you would normally get some light when you pull it over. In this case I'm not seeing the speedometer light up. Not to say that the back light for it could be burned out. What I'll probably do is, instead of trying to tear the dash apart to replace the kill switch and ignition, just try to chase the wires, disconnect them where they plug in and just run the new ones without routing to the handle bar. After that, I can properly diagnose the issue. Plugs are brand new NGK, properly gapped.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12