Thread: st4

1. Collapse Details
    st4
    hi all building an st4 could someone please tell me what hubs etc. goes in to it

2. Collapse Details
    Re: st4
    Hello
    The hubs in the plans you build or have built, need a lathe for them

3. Collapse Details
    no
    i just thought you could buy the hubs, take them off a donor car, and fit them

4. Collapse Details
    American Fork, UT 90 minutes from the sand
    This is just a generic statement regarding hubs and spindles, but there's a fair number of builders that have incorporated the trailer hubs and spindles into their build. Others have used ATV hubs, but my guess is that the trailer hubs would be an easy substitute for the hubs called out in the ST4 plans. Maybe search on the keyword "trailer" or "trailer hubs" on the forum and take a look.

5. Collapse Details
    I have found 1 ton trailer axles, bearings and caps pretty cheap, like $30 a side... the issue is the hubs. I havnet yet found someting that will take the wilwood rotor / caliper mount. You could always try no front brakes. I am thining about maybe swapping in Protodies from assemblies and while $500 a side seems steep, try doing it yourself first then you will realize just how affordable they are.

6. Collapse Details
    sounds like the same boat i was in with golf cart hubs they're 4/4 bolt pattern, fit a trailer spindle. jakes brakes makes a conversion stud for them that lets you mount a rotor to the backside of the hub, with those in place and set of atv calipers, all i had to do is weld a mounting bracket/plate for the calipers to the spindle. those conversion studs may also work for trailer hubs.

last picture on my first post on this page shows the brake setup inside the rim, you can see the adapters as the silver cylinders on the backside of the hubs
    https://www.minibuggy.net/forum/proje...-buggy-33.html