1. Collapse Details
    st2 / st3 car engine?
    I'm about to purchase the Badland Buggy ST3 plans. They come with the ST2 LT plans. I want to use a '96+ Honda Civic (5 speed) engine and transmission for the ST3, but I already have a 1.0 Geo Metro 5 speed. My thought is to buy the Civic, use the Metro for a ST2 "practice" build (while I use the Civic as a daily driver) and eventually get around to the 2 seater with so much more power.

Now, my concern is - will these engine and transmission assemblies fit in the space provided by the plans?

Has anyone attempted a car donor instead of a motorcycle donor?

This will be a beach, farm, way out in the sticks where no one cares if your vehicle's legal cruising on the road build. I may end up trying to get the 2 seater street legal to take it to town every once in a while.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: st2 / st3 car engine?
    I am building the ST3 basic same chasis as the st2 but wider for the 2 seater as far as the car engine the st3 would be better bet more room. it prob could be done but you will do alot of mods to it to make it fit. I am building a 4x4 with transfercase and shaft drive from otor and two suby diff and im limited on space also so car motor and diff will be tight. Nothing is impossible as long as you have time and torches and welder lol. I would stick with the ST3 i had the ST2 and way less room. I have moded my chasis and may do more to get it all to fit. Im runing a cbr 1000 to power it all good luck with it take pics and keep us posted.

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the input. I took a look at your build thread, sounds like a very interesting project! I'll definitely post pics when I get this thing started. Any further feedback on this issue is appreciated.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisMX-15 View Post
    I am building the ST3 basic same chasis as the st2 but wider for the 2 seater as far as the car engine the st3 would be better bet more room. it prob could be done but you will do alot of mods to it to make it fit. I am building a 4x4 with transfercase and shaft drive from otor and two suby diff and im limited on space also so car motor and diff will be tight. Nothing is impossible as long as you have time and torches and welder lol. I would stick with the ST3 i had the ST2 and way less room. I have moded my chasis and may do more to get it all to fit. Im runing a cbr 1000 to power it all good luck with it take pics and keep us posted.

how is your power do you feel if it is over powered??

5. Collapse Details
    wish i was that far into the build to answer you it is not done and never can have too much power lol

6. Collapse Details
    I have an ST4 frame, I've always wondered if I could fit a suby EJ25 and mid board trans instead of a bike engine... Seems I have the reverse dilemma you have, I have the frame but don't have the engine to see if it fits!
    My Protodie SS1000 Build
    My 1980 SR250 Build
    My 1999 Blaster Build

2016 YZ450F
    2006 YZ450F
    2013 KLX110 stockmod

7. Collapse Details
    Too bad your not closer subies are every where here in maine i have few junk yards wth just subies. im even drivig a forester for a beater and when it dies guess what im doing with it

8. Collapse Details
    i will do next buggy around that power plant and drive train and build frame up the build im doing now was not supposed to be so invlved but every one told me i cant so i AM just alot of work but if it goes like it should i will be laughing at them!!!!!!!