1. Collapse Details
    Driver size limit for Velociraptor
    What size driver will fit into a Velociraptor using the plans as written? Looks like I could make adjustments. Curious to if it's a kid buggy or will an adult fit?

It's for my wife and if I'm going to be in it at all, I'll want it sprung which brings me to the Sabretooth or one of the ST2s. I don't know how much she will use/like it but she wants something she can tool around flat trails. If I wasn't finishing a road race car for me, I'd go with a larger buggy.

TIA
    Dave

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Driver size limit for Velociraptor
    Use the plans as a base and stretch it out to suite. If you can Dummy up a cockpit, draw it on the ground and a wall, that will give you an idea of how much room is in there.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Tappet Head View Post
    Use the plans as a base and stretch it out to suite. If you can Dummy up a cockpit, draw it on the ground and a wall, that will give you an idea of how much room is in there.
    Thanks. I realize that. I'm not interested in building a Velociraptor if I have to buy the plans to see if she can fit or have to mod them. Since that one doesn't have suspension geometry it's not too difficult to draw something and fab it. I use AutoCAD, Alibre, Bendtech and Solidworks with a pretty complete race fab.

Designing suspension geometry is where I'm the weakest. At that point it would make more sense to build something with a live suspension and rear axle. Having seen pics and vids of the other buggies we'd both fit into those. For what she want to do it may make more sense to buy her a used Razor or Gator but where's the fun in that.....

4. Collapse Details
    Get you some rorty plans. He has one machine thats more stadium lite sized would work on trails and the geom is already good

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckorlando View Post
    Get you some rorty plans. He has one machine thats more stadium lite sized would work on trails and the geom is already good
    I did check out Rorty's plans. Good feedback from them. I'll poke back over there. I think at this point the Velociraptor is out of the running. Looks like a good kid and beginning fab project but not for us.

Got all fired up, saw the Cops Racing buggies heading down 15 by the Strip. Run into the Menzies guys every now and again as well. Both bigger (read more $) than I can do right now but still neat.

Thanks gang.

Dave