Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: Project "Sick Nasty"
    finished workin on my garage. now its safe to move my 2 projects n so i did a lil bit better lookin mock up of all my parts again. ill post more pics tonight showing my redesign of the frame and the new work ive started doing on the buggy just this week! any ideas r faults u might c please let me know with some respect please. any assumtion that might need to b cleard up? how about ideas on final paint? neon orange, black n silver r all black? what about black chrome r blue chrome. know of any buisness n the upstate sc area who care about people seriously and can help? im the only one doing this n my area so im getting nothing but hate or pure denial from most. no one seems willing to help nowdays with anything. i was the 2nd person with a lowerd truck around here n that was 10 yrs ago. im hoping to find some well educated n respectable people who r up to date on things n my area and willing to help each other out. i plan on making a living doing similar things n the futre. so any co ops ... ? anything?

2. Collapse Details
    Lightbulb
    It looks like you are ready to start.
    You have parts that will help. Looks like lots of cool parts.
    Do you have the tools: welder,chopsaw,bandsaw,tub-notcher,drill-press,bench-grinder,vice,sazall,grinder,belt-sander/disk,angel-finder,sqare,tape-mesher,hand-tools.
    You don't need all of those tools but most of them to make it go smoothly.

Now you said that you have a custom set of plans, this is where you start.
    Go over the plans and figure out where the front a-arms are to be mounted, steering rack and the rear a-arm setup/hubs. Get those parts installed. Your first step is to have a rolling chasse before you mount a motor. This should keep you busy.

3. Collapse Details
    Smile
    my 1st good weld ever! gotta hobart ez weld mig 140 for christmas from my prettly lil wife. awwww. (thank u gurl : ) havent tried welding n a while due to the last time i tried it blew up like a big purple flamed bomb right n my face. this time as u can c turned out good. i was welding on the engine mt of the rusty ole lil black yard kart frame u can c n one of the above pics. my wire feed was set on 2 n amps/heat set on 3. i have a 22x24 garage n that one lil weld smoked up the place so i installed a 5hp electric fan i call "hugo" after r old hurricane. anyways with my welder i was using the .35 flux core n tip it came with to do the weld n this pic. it was brown so i whacked that sucker with a hammer and one lil tink later it was all nice n shiny like u c here : ) dont worry im still praticing n plan on switching to gas n solid .30 wire later.

4. Collapse Details
    Smile
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotted View Post
    It looks like you are ready to start.
    You have parts that will help. Looks like lots of cool parts.
    Do you have the tools: welder,chopsaw,bandsaw,tub-notcher,drill-press,bench-grinder,vice,sazall,grinder,belt-sander/disk,angel-finder,sqare,tape-mesher,hand-tools.
    You don't need all of those tools but most of them to make it go smoothly.

Now you said that you have a custom set of plans, this is where you start.
    Go over the plans and figure out where the front a-arms are to be mounted, steering rack and the rear a-arm setup/hubs. Get those parts installed. Your first step is to have a rolling chasse before you mount a motor. This should keep you busy.
    i do not have a chop saw, band saw r tube notcher, or the drill press r sawzall thing, also do not know what a angel finder is at all : ( . i plan on getting a new angle grinder with cutting disc (old one just broke) $35 skill r some name like that. also plan on getting the nice chop saw the $400 one not the $220 since i use to use those on an old job, a small drill press $100 and a pipe bender that im still not sure what kind to get. im just being held back from a loan that needs to get paid off 1st. my b day will b soon. im wishing for some of those when i blow out my 29 candles.

5. Collapse Details
    Cold Spring MN ...Dunz season's ust around the corner
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    i Do Not Have A Chop Saw, Band Saw R Tube Notcher, Or The Drill Press R Sawzall Thing, Also Do Not Know What A Angel Finder Is At All : ( . I Plan On Getting A New Angle Grinder With Cutting Disc (old One Just Broke) $35 Skill R Some Name Like That. Also Plan On Getting The Nice Chop Saw The $400 One Not The $220 Since I Use To Use Those On An Old Job, A Small Drill Press $100 And A Pipe Bender That Im Still Not Sure What Kind To Get. Im Just Being Held Back From A Loan That Needs To Get Paid Off 1st. My B Day Will B Soon. Im Wishing For Some Of Those When I Blow Out My 29 Candles.
    Wow.....
    The question is not if its gona roll. Its when ..

That be some kind of church cruzzer or commuter bike thingy ?

6. Collapse Details
    A chop saw is for basic cuts it isn't that important. A hac-saw will work. A pipe bender is not what you want you need a tube bender.

7. Collapse Details
    sorry had to finish up my reply like this as my messege box refused to show up half way through the reply to "gotted". thanks for ur info. i just read ur messege after learning exactly what u stated. i will most def start on the front a arms n mounts now that i just relized what i was doing was trying to mt the engine 1st when i should have been setting up the front a arms 1st. still not sure on my rack yet but im thinkin i should go with the out board type rack with clevis mnts 15" eye to eye. i think its like $173 but really need to find cheaper ( price not quality )parts either used r build one my self just no one n a 50mile radius to help. th junk yards around here arent very helpfull. they just type n a computer n dont actually know that much. so i seem to b stuck doing all things online now wich gave me the idea we need a "real mans" store just for metal fab n custom work n my area very badly and i might just b half way decent enough to do so sometime next yr. as far as a tube notcher do u think a regular round metal bit would work n a lil drill press with the tube clamped down?

8. Collapse Details
    Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotted View Post
    A chop saw is for basic cuts it isn't that important. A hac-saw will work. A pipe bender is not what you want you need a tube bender.
    thanks i keep messin myself up with the pipe n tube terms. any suggestion on a certain brand of tube bender?

9. Collapse Details
    Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat4020 View Post
    Wow.....
    wow yeah thats what i said when i found over 14gs worth of stuff was stolen from the garage and insurance n cops wouldnt do squat. so i have lots of cameras, dogs, n guns and very good people lookin out for me now. im starting over.

for gotted. sorry dude i just reread the thing about the angel thingy ha ha n saw u prolly ment what i said rigjt below it as being an angle ... grinder. my bad. was a lil slow on pickin that up wich is bad cause i do the same thing alot. : )

10. Collapse Details
    Messin up terms we all do it!!

To find a cheap priced tube bender you have to search the web. lots out their.

Woodward Fab Tube Bender Steel Base/Bench/Vise Mount Use With HCK-WFB2-STAND Kit | eBay

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast