Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Badland Buggy on MBN!
    Exclamation
    Hey,
    I just saw my first ad for www.Badlandbuggy.com on MBN's home page! Way cool!!!!

Welcome Bruce.

(Mike Hudgeons)
    Last edited by Glock n Ballz; 11-21-2010 at 05:17 PM.
    Glock n Ballz
    Ft. Worth, Tx

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Badland Buggy on MBN!
    Yes, Badland is now a full site sponsor.
    Currently on a two year walkabout

3. Collapse Details
    Welcome Bruce!

Nice to see Badland Buggy on MBN, it is a win-win situation for all the builders and you.
    Have fun and see you passing by!

Erwin van den Boogaard,
    The Netherlands
    I'm building my personal Badland's ST2 Long Travel

4. Collapse Details
    Congrats and thanks Badland for supporting MBN!

5. Collapse Details
    Maybe we should move the Badlands build threads into here?
    KrunchWorkz
    ---------------------------------------------
    Famous last words..... Dude watch this!

6. Collapse Details
    I don't think that's a good idea..

I think this is more a FAQ topic group, maybe it's smart to make a new topic with links to Badland Buggy builds, but I think those belong to the 'Projects in Progress' and 'Show off your toys in here!'.

Otherwise there would only be people on here who are interested in Badland buggies?
    I'm building my personal Badland's ST2 Long Travel

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ErwinBnl View Post
    I don't think that's a good idea..

I think this is more a FAQ topic group, maybe it's smart to make a new topic with links to Badland Buggy builds, but I think those belong to the 'Projects in Progress' and 'Show off your toys in here!'.

Otherwise there would only be people on here who are interested in Badland buggies?
    Man Erwin...your little Banana guy on your signature never gets tired of dancing!....Wish I had that kind of energy..
    Glock n Ballz
    Ft. Worth, Tx

8. Collapse Details
    Thanks Russ & everyone at minibuggy.net for getting things in place for our forum group & advertising set-up. Great job! And thanks to everyone for welcoming me & my company to this forum. I'll do my best to provide meaningful & informative contributions to this forum on a regular basis.

FYI, some of the new designs that badlandbuggy.com has been working on lately include:

1. FNR Gearbox - still in preliminary design stage. 7:1 or 8:1 reduction, all gear design. I'll post any news here. Any wishlists?

2. EV (electric vehicle) drive system designs to fit ST4 (and possibly all Badland Buggy designs). Still in design/development stage. Again, any wishlists?

3. ST5 design! Based on ST4 except 1 seat version using same front & rear suspension systems. New chassis design. Design is completed, drawings underway. Expect a 2011 release on our website. May combine ST4 & ST5 into one set of plans (similar to ST2-LT & ST3) allowing the home builder the choice of building either a 1 or 2 seater buggy from one set of plans.

4. Developing rubicamp.com (link on our website homepage). It's basically an off-road camper trailer but designed & built for heavy duty off-roading. 1st prototype built & extensively tested in 2010. Contemplating an all-aluminum 2nd prototype next. Plans to follow in 2011. Any Jeep freaks (like me) out there? Lol.

9. Collapse Details
    The FNR project sounds interesting. Suggestion: Have diff or live axle option.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by badlandbuggy View Post
    Thanks Russ & everyone at minibuggy.net for getting things in place for our forum group & advertising set-up. Great job! And thanks to everyone for welcoming me & my company to this forum. I'll do my best to provide meaningful & informative contributions to this forum on a regular basis.

FYI, some of the new designs that badlandbuggy.com has been working on lately include:

1. FNR Gearbox - still in preliminary design stage. 7:1 or 8:1 reduction, all gear design. I'll post any news here. Any wishlists?

2. EV (electric vehicle) drive system designs to fit ST4 (and possibly all Badland Buggy designs). Still in design/development stage. Again, any wishlists?

3. ST5 design! Based on ST4 except 1 seat version using same front & rear suspension systems. New chassis design. Design is completed, drawings underway. Expect a 2011 release on our website. May combine ST4 & ST5 into one set of plans (similar to ST2-LT & ST3) allowing the home builder the choice of building either a 1 or 2 seater buggy from one set of plans.

4. Developing rubicamp.com (link on our website homepage). It's basically an off-road camper trailer but designed & built for heavy duty off-roading. 1st prototype built & extensively tested in 2010. Contemplating an all-aluminum 2nd prototype next. Plans to follow in 2011. Any Jeep freaks (like me) out there? Lol.
    There are a lot of us that have swapped the rear suspension to trailing arms. Any possibility of incorporating trailing arms into future plans?

I like the plans for the FNR. I am interested to see how it turns out. The buggy plans would benefit with an option for a more robust driveline. A lower ratio gearbox would be good for motorcycle powerplants as well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast