Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Taz Car experience/advice
    Hello, long time off roader here but new to SxS's and mini-buggies.

Stable includes a 2011 RZR S LE, Bad to the bone Busa powered Drakart Intimidator along with a 700 Raptor and KX-250F.

So far, the do it all RZR is a very good machine but a little short on creating adrenaline........so it's going to the wife to replace her Raptor.

My 24 YO kid and I fight over the Drakart so we decided to liquidate a few things and try and find another one. I've only found a few single seaters and I'm thinking that the people who own them must have stuffed gold bullion somewhere$$$$$

I found what looks like to be an incredibly well built Taz car with Arctic Cat/CVT power. A 1000cc 2 stroke has to be "adequate" power wise, but what's Taz's/rep/
    build like??? Anyone with Arctic Cat opinions???

On a side note, Alain (the mastermind of Drakart) is not only in business but extremely accessible and incredibly down to earth. I has some updates done to the Drakart last week and hung out with Alain and his fabricator for the afternoon.............I REALLY want another Drakart for this reason, but a new car is out of the question money wise.

Please excuse me if I create this thread in a few places......not sure where the traffic is yet.

Thanks for any input/opinions

Jack

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Taz Car experience/advice
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    Howdy and welcome to the site.

What do you want to know about the Taz?

The old AC motor's a ripping power plant. LOUDER than Hell, though. But it can be quieted down if need be. Parts for them are getting harder to get.

More than likely it's an older generation Taz if it has the AC in it. I don't think Neal and crew built any of the new chassis w/the AC.

Overall the car's darn near bullet proof. There's not a lot to go wrong. It was all built within limits of the components, not right at the limit of the components.

In the sand they're a blast. It will go anywhere and do it with ease and style. It's a fun machine.

For many tales, modifications, changes, pretty much the history of a couple Tazcars, check my web page out - Yellow Dog Racing.

I had Chassis #5 and it was a test dummy for a lot of the modifications and changes that happened to the Tazcar line.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by K-fab View Post
    Howdy and welcome to the site.

What do you want to know about the Taz?

The old AC motor's a ripping power plant. LOUDER than Hell, though. But it can be quieted down if need be. Parts for them are getting harder to get.

More than likely it's an older generation Taz if it has the AC in it. I don't think Neal and crew built any of the new chassis w/the AC.

Overall the car's darn near bullet proof. There's not a lot to go wrong. It was all built within limits of the components, not right at the limit of the components.

In the sand they're a blast. It will go anywhere and do it with ease and style. It's a fun machine.

For many tales, modifications, changes, pretty much the history of a couple Tazcars, check my web page out - Yellow Dog Racing.

I had Chassis #5 and it was a test dummy for a lot of the modifications and changes that happened to the Tazcar line.

Thanks a LOT for the reply......it appears it is an older car, but like you said, has a lot of "bigger car parts".

GREAT WEB PAGE!!!

Not sure if the link will work since the listing is over, but this is the car in question:

TAZ CAR / Long Travel The best of the Best VERY FAST - eBay (item 250754176666 end time Jan-15-11 08:41:14 PST)

Road trip tomorrow to pick it up.

Again, thank you for responding.......and I THINK I've read your "feelings" concerning Alain when I was researching the Drakart.......I think that was at a different time in his life. Without the huge nut and pressure, I think he's a more relaxed individual.

4. Collapse Details
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    Damn! That's Ron Pratt's old car. I know it well.

Probably one of the most built to the hilt (at the time) Tazcars. It was the Caddy of the group.

You'll love that machine.

----

Alain and I didn't see eye to eye (he's 6'+, I'm 5'6" ) for a while.
    We buried that hatchet years ago, though. (or so I hope).

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by K-fab View Post
    Damn! That's Ron Pratt's old car. I know it well.

Probably one of the most built to the hilt (at the time) Tazcars. It was the Caddy of the group.

You'll love that machine.

----

Alain and I didn't see eye to eye (he's 6'+, I'm 5'6" ) for a while.
    We buried that hatchet years ago, though. (or so I hope).

GREAT!!! More info then I could have hoped for.

Glad you and Alain are OK.......you both seem like guy that would be fun to hang with!!!

Next conundrum (and one only $$$ can solve) Being a master at Tetris, I got the RZR and the Drakart into a 25' toyhauler.........

Since Dumont is less than 2 hours away, I guess the old POS T-100 could pull the new car, or.......

Tandem trailer setup......legal in Nevada but not in Commiefornia or........

Freightliner and double stacker.........IN MY DREAMS!!!!!

Thanks again for your time!!!!

6. Collapse Details
    Put a rack in your truck bed to hold one of the cars.

7. Collapse Details
    you can pull a tandem trailer in CA, but you have to have a commercial lisence for doubles and under a certain total feet. best to do it as a 5'er and a towable though. Personally it scares the hell out of me seeing them go down the road. Most of the time they take up two lanes. I just hate seeing the aftermath of when things go wrong.
    WARNING!!!! I'm not all there, hanging with me might rub off!!!

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DHjunkie View Post
    you can pull a tandem trailer in CA, but you have to have a commercial lisence for doubles and under a certain total feet. best to do it as a 5'er and a towable though. Personally it scares the hell out of me seeing them go down the road. Most of the time they take up two lanes. I just hate seeing the aftermath of when things go wrong.

Thanks for the info.

Kid went out and bought another Tundra. We have a flatbed.

I guess it's 2 tow vehicles at a time for now......

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by diirk View Post
    Put a rack in your truck bed to hold one of the cars.

Good idea, but I'd rather not play musical trailer to load/unload the car in the bed.

10. Collapse Details
    Cold Spring MN ...Dunz season's ust around the corner
    Vegas.. Did you end up getting the Taz

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast